West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

RIP Shawn 97 Z28 M6

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 PM

RIP Shawn 97 Z28 M6

Better known as Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar. He died yesterday of an apparent heart attack and was found in a hotel room more than likely traveling for his job. He was only 33 years old. The man was completely clean. No drugs, no heavy use of alcohol and no smoking. There are no other details at this time.
He was my best friend especially when I lived in TX. Many of you may not recall, but I was the original moderator of this forum and handed him the reigns when I left Texas in July of 2000. He and I knew each other since 1996 when we met at Ennis. We spent many hours in his garage or mine helping each other out with our cars.
RIP, brother. I love you more than I could ever express in this post. You were a great friend.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Shawn was one of the good guys.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM
West South Central Moderator

Unhappy

Wow, I'm very sad to hear that I used to talk with him on AIM on occasion, and I've got a camshaft that used to be in his car.

According to his profile, his Date of Birth was April 17, 1977, making him 32. That's terrible to hear.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM

Unbelievable Shawn was a good guy. I am in shock.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:54 PM

Thumbs down

Sad very Sad
This news sure it me in the GUT~
Such a great guy.
He was buddy of mine
Very Very Sad news
RIP
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Wow, I can't believe this either..I will cherish the time I spent talking with him last year at Ennis forever. What a standup guy!
RIP

Cody
Old 11-25-2009, 07:39 PM

This is so sad and difficult to digest. Sean was a great friend and mentor and helped me alot when I began working on my car. We originally met at a race in Ennis 8 or 9 years ago and spent many late nights together working on our cars. Sean was a great addition to the F-body community and will be missed.
If anyone knows the funeral details please let us know as I am sure many of us would like to pay our respects.

Ryan
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM

I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Reading this ****** the air out of my chest. My brothers and I will miss him. When is the funeral?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM
West South Central Moderator / Special Guest

it was not a heart attack. It was flu/walking pneumonia and Brian is right.. he was a clean live-er.

Memorial service will be Monday, and next Saturday we are having a big cruise in his memory. Details to follow. His mother made us promise not to have a somber get together, but one that celebrates his personality and life.

RIP Shawn. Love you buddy.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:46 AM

WOW...this is such horrible news. My brother (snakeatinZ) and I have spent many hour shooting the **** with Shawn. I remember when it was like him and I were the last 2 people in DFW sporting the LT1 cars. He was such a great person. You will be missed brother...godspeed and burn up that 1/4 mile track in heaven.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Administrator

R.I.P. buddy! I can remember waaaaay back in the day before we had the Message Board, Sean e-mailing me about my 1995 Z28.

He will be missed.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Shawn RIP

I remember Shawn when I just bought my black 97 SS. I raced with him a couple of times and he was exactly the opposite of me when it came to racing. I was just as bad as he was great. The guy could drive! He always welcomed me and was nothing but nice. I was proud to have known him.
I lost track of things when I sold the SS years ago. It breaks my heart to hear the news.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Like I said in the lounge thread, he was a great guy though only met him once. I think he used to live in El Paso now that I think about it. Have a mutual friend Jim of this very board that I'll call tomorrow and break the bad news.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:36 PM

For those who want to be a part of the gathering to celebrate his life and participate in a cruise/track day keep checking this thread. There will be a service next Friday, Dec. 4th and a cruise/track/GTG day on Saturday, Dec. 5th. I will be flying down on Friday. I would not miss this for anything. I would love to hook up with those I haven't seen in years, swap stories and have a good time in honor of Shawn. There should be details posted up soon regarding times and places...
Old 11-27-2009, 10:42 AM

I would love to come out, at least for the cruise.. I will be following this thread for details..

Quick Reply: RIP Shawn 97 Z28 M6