West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Interior Work

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 09:37 AM

Interior Work

Does anyone know of a person that does High Quality Interior work? I am looking to have my seats recovered and also have my door panel's redone to look more like a newer style interior. I have an 81 Z28 Camaro with the Deluxe interior package. I would be removing the door panels and takeing them to the person to have them defurbished. Also I am looking to install some 4th generation seats into my 81 Z28 so if anyone knows anyone selling some front seats can you please let me know. Id like to get something out of a 2000 or newer. I live in San Antonio.
Thanks Rob

Last edited by Wqasz; 05-16-2003 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:14 PM

Re: Interior Work

Originally posted by Wqasz
Does anyone know of a person that does High Quality Interior work? I am looking to have my seats recovered and also have my door panel's redone to look more like a newer style interior. I have an 81 Z28 Camaro with the Deluxe interior package. I would be removing the door panels and takeing them to the person to have them defurbished. Also I am looking to install some 4th generation seats into my 81 Z28 so if anyone knows anyone selling some front seats can you please let me know. Id like to get something out of a 2000 or newer. I live in San Antonio.
Thanks Rob

There is a late model parts yard on the SE side of town (near 410/I10 interchange) that carries lots of late-model stuff. I can't remember the name (Insurance auto salvage???), but they have a pretty large ad in the yellow pages if I recall. Decent prices too. I'd nab the seats (front and rear) out of a newer camaro/Firechicken and buy a new carpet set. It would be cheaper than having your stockers recovered. Door panels should be cheap and easy no matter where you go (just a straight section of carpet).

Let me know if you cant find the parts yard in the Yellow pages.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 PM

That sounds great , Im going to have new camaro seats recovered to match the door panels. Not too worried about the cost just want everything to look really nice and up to date. Id rather recover my door panels than just replace with some different ones . Allready have new carpet headliner and Im going to put in a new dash and poain the center console. Ill ask them if they have some new seats thanks for the info. Anyone else have anything to add please do.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Wqasz
That sounds great , Im going to have new camaro seats recovered to match the door panels.
IMO, I'd get the new(er) seats first then have the doors color matched to 'em, rather than the other way 'round.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:24 PM

I want to get the seats and doors both redone to match each other but to also match my paint job. Thanks for the advice. Ill keep you posted and post some pics.