West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

I will be at Ft.Hood in 1 month!! WooHooo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 06:07 AM

I will be at Ft.Hood in 1 month!! WooHooo!

Well its getting down to the wire. I am ready to leave Germany for the warm weather and racing action of Texas. I fly the 31st of Jan. I am going to be in the 1st Cavalry Divison also, and I am really looking foward to it.
I am now getting my car ready for the trip over, changed a leaky pinion seal, and am now about to fix the intake manifold leak which has gotten pretty bad. I hope to leave the N2O system installed but without the bottle, hopefully the shipping company will go for it. I hope to have the car there by the end of Febuary. Are the tracks open? Particularly Temple? Is that a 1/4 mi?

I look forward to meeting and hanging out with some of you F-body guys.

Techcam how is the club going? Not much traffic in the board?

Jeff
Old 12-28-2002, 09:46 AM

How was it having your car in Germany? Lots of lookers? I cant imagine you saw too many of them over there, must have been nice!

Jim
Old 12-28-2002, 10:25 PM

You know, being in a Cav. Unit that you will prob be back overseas in Iraq...Fort Hood loves to deploy......Have fun...
Old 12-28-2002, 10:33 PM

i dont know if you have been to hood before, but if you are excited, then i am happy for ya. the tracks in san anto are open. and again i dont know if you have ever been to the track in temple, but i assure you that no one in the car club i am in will be going there again. and yes it is 1/4 mile. but i do say they have great shade for the racers and spectators, but when we went, the track was prepped crappy and that just left a bad taste in our mouths.
btw, what is yor mos? i had friends at hood in 4th ID that went to germany last year. we where 19D.
scouts out
Old 12-29-2002, 01:06 PM

Yep, get lots of lookers with the car. Not two many over here, especially with a Dynomax ultra flow and no cat!

I am ready to deploy again, been to the desert once before, I dont mind. Just a good time to save cash. I'd rather go with 1st cav than over here.

I am just happy to go to a real 1/4 mile track. The ones we have here are rented old runways that have alot of fricken gravel on them( I hook better on the street) , and I'd like to get a time slip with the full data. I am sick of the autobahn high speed runs, that got old quick and lack of street racing.

1FASTV6: Neved been to Ft.Hood before but I am ready for the nice weather and a change of pace, ya know?

I am a 63B, mechanic. Kinda nice pulling the ride in the shop after duty hours to do some work. Where did your pal get stationed over here? You in the Army?

Jeff
Old 12-29-2002, 05:14 PM

I have been at Ft Hood for a little over 7 years, 5 in the 1st Cav and 2 and some change working for TRW (now Northrup Grumman). Weather is nice, and Temple Academy is right down the way.... I haven't been this last season, I heard there had been alot of trouble (law). There are alot of F-Bodies and you can get into plenty of trouble down here I am sure I dont street race, but it happens everywhere and the cops have really started cracking down...zero tolerance. There a couple of car clubs in town, I'm not a member of either, but I am sure you can run into them....Hot F-Bodies and one more if it is still around, Xtreme F-Body. Feel free to drop a line with any questions army, deployability, or otherwise. hiimmat@aol.com or Mathew.Miller-nonTRW@TRW.com

Mathew
Old 12-30-2002, 10:34 AM

You're the 1st person I've heard who is actually excited to go to Ft. Hood.

Fortunately, they've grown ALOT in the last 2 years. Have fun and don't street race in Copperas Cove.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:43 PM

Temple Academy Dragway(TAD) is open all year this year. The track isn't that bad. I pulled a 1.63 60t last Saturday in my 78 Camaro. It helps if you have drag radials, or slicks though. I'm usually out there most weekends.
Jeff
Old 01-01-2003, 06:27 AM

I have the drag radials. That track cant be as bad as the gravel like air strips we have here lol.

Do any of those F-body clubs have a web site? Where can I get my bottle filled there? $ per pound?

Jeff
Old 01-02-2003, 12:06 AM

Hey Jeff, I think we talked back in October right? Well, I'm glad to hear your comin back to Texas! For your questions, Temple Academy Dragstrip is the place to go around here. $5 Admission, $10 Registration fee to race. It's about....oh 10 mins away from Temple. For clubs, There are three now in Killeen and one in Temple. There used to be only one in Killeen (Xtreme ) but they had internal problems and broke into two. They then formed H.O.T. F-Body's and Xtreme F-Body's. Xtreme just couldn't keep it's act together and they themselves broke into two, again. I'm not sure what the third one is now called, but the rumor is they are hookin back up with H.O.T. Now, I'm not too crazy about any of the clubs in Killeen. Some of the them there are great, honest, hard working, self respecting people. But after those 5 or 6 people come all the others.....arrogance is a big draw back....smack talk....they just put each other down way too much. I'm usually appalled when I see them together for a function, it's usually forced smiles and immature quips about how someone's car sucks and is really slow. All in all, they are decent people, I just couldn't stand having people keep on saying "Dude, your car sucks cuz it can't run 9's." In Temple, there's TFB (Temple F-Body) our url is http://temple.fbody.com We are still small and haven't gotten our act fully together, but we are working on it and having a blast in the process!! As for our forum, I'm currently working on a new one so people stopped posting on the old one. As for the updates, I'm designing a new layout so I haven't updated in a while, but we still are very much alive and kickin!! When looking for getting your bottle refilled, talk to Thumpy. He's usually got some good info when it comes to N2O. Speaking of, how's the Formula coming Thumpy? What was the ETA again? I can't wait to see her run!!! Anywho, I'm glad to hear your coming back to Fort Hood! If you're interested in swinging by in Temple to a meeting, we'd be glad to have you. My AIM handle is 'EvlSaiyan1' if you ever want to chat. Later,
Old 01-02-2003, 05:48 AM

Yep we did talk back in Oct. I did stop by the site you gave me but I noticed no posts in a month or so. When will the site be back up?

I am going to ship the car from here in a week or two, I then exspect to be driving it by the end of Feb. (I hope) I sure will stop by for a meeting once I get there.

Jeff
Old 01-02-2003, 10:12 AM

Smile

Well, I was kind of a moron. I was working on a new layout and didn't save the original 'index.html' file and I replaced it with a new one with a new layout. So instead of going back and writing alllllllllll that HTML when I'm just about to redo it all seemed kind of stupid to me. I mean, if something HUGE happens I'll do a ghetto update. But for now everythings been just.....normal. But the layout is coming along nicely so I expect it to be finished soon.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:12 AM

I'm pretty sure you can get a bottle filled at The Car Shop outside of Temple. I don't know about Killeen. I'll know for sure soon. I'm about to put the bottle on the 78!
The Formula is coming along. Hopefully soon. The heads are about done, then the motor will be put back in.
Jeff
Old 01-05-2003, 12:26 PM

Hey Jeff, I just found out some interesting info about deployments in the Fort Hood area. I went with my girlfriend to drill to see her sargeant. There are two units in Fort Hood that will be deployed if war comes. One of them is First Cav. I'm not sure what the other one is..... If it makes you feel any better, my girlfriend is going active duty now thanks to all this Iraq Just thought you had a right to know! Later,
Old 01-07-2003, 11:09 AM

Well, I am going to the 1st Cav. We will see when I get there.

Jeff