West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Good exhaust shop in San Antonio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 04:17 PM

Good exhaust shop in San Antonio?

Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop in San Antonio? I've ordered the qtec electric cutout package. I am going to install the qtec part myself but I need to get the actual cutout installed somewhere.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Chris
Old 04-01-2003, 08:19 AM

Alamo Performance will do it for about $50
Old 04-01-2003, 11:34 AM

Thanks. I'll give them a call
Old 04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
DF

I have a custom cut out: Ipipe is extened and the over the axle pipe is cut and welded on to the topside of the extened Ipipe. Its straight through and cost $65. I got it at Alphonso's near Randolph AFB. Youd save 20 over buying the flowtech and paying for installation. Most ships will have a header flange sitting around and your electric cutout can be attached to it. I wont be at the meeting tonight but Ill be there saturday if you want to see it.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the reply DF. I had the cutout installed today. I called Alamo Performance and they wanted $60 just to install the cutout and they wouldn't be able to do it until next week. I then called Team Extreme and they also wanted $60 and they would maybe be able to get me in tomorrow but probably not. I decided to drive around and look for an exhaust shop. I went to a muffler shop on Culebra near 1604 and they quoted me $80 bucks to install it. I told them hell no and I kept looking. I then looked in the phone book for anywhere close to me. There was a place called Flores Tire and Muffler shop on old highway 90 near 151. I went there and the guy that does the exhaust work won't be in until tomorrow. I was getting really frustrated by this point. I then stopped in a place called Jesse's Muffler Shop that was also on old highway 90. He quoted me a price of $20 to install it. It took him less than 30 minutes to install it and he did a great job. He even made sure that the electric cutout would have plenty of room once I install it. I felt like paying him more than the $20 because they did such a great job but I only had $20 cash on me and they don't accept credit cards.

I have to work on Saturday so I won't be able to make it. Today was the first day I've had off in a long time. I won't even be able to make it to the Spring Break Shootout at RCR on Sunday. I have to work 6 to 6. I will probably be off next Tuesday and I am going to try to make it up to Sonic on Tuesday night. Hopefully with my electric cutout installed. Other than a few Fbody owners on Lackland, I really haven't had a chance to meet much of the SA Fbody crowd.