West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Anyone from San Angelo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:24 PM

Anyone from San Angelo?

Hello~
I am moving to San Angelo in January and was wondering if there was a local F-body club or a place where you guys meet up?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:44 AM

no san angelo sucks, u will die of boredom. Just run the strip on saturday nights and you will see what I mean, nothign but ricers but fun. Stripe is sherwood-bryant-knickerbocker-loop. Usually hang out in front of sound box and sonics.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:12 PM

I lived in San Angelo for 5 months. There are a few fbods around. Go out racing at the Wall dragway. There were lots of nice fbods there, some running pretty quick. The first race of the season is in febuary. I think the website is www.walldragway.com Good luck.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:33 PM

ya totally forgot about wall. That stuff is fun, theres a FEW nice fbods out there, but mainly ricers. Still its fun for what? 15$ or 20$ i think.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:24 AM

Thanks guys,
Are any of you guys in the military stationed at Goodfellow? That is where I will be stationed at. It looks like a small town, but hey, I will enjoy being back in the states. I have been in Korea for about a year and have not driven my cars in quite a while.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:40 PM

I was stationed at Goodbuddy for 6 months for tech school. I really liked it there but I'm originally from the Rio Grande Valley so it wasn't much of a change for me. I certainly like it much better there than i do here at Langley. The base is ok but it lacks a lot of the ammenities of larger ones. San Angelo is a pretty ok town in my book. There's stuff to do there and it's not far from my family in San Antonio. Night life there is ok too with a couple of sports bar type places and there's Graham's which is 3 clubs in one, but i usually ended up hanging out at lake nastywater. The weather there is pretty good, it didn't rain much but the wind blew all the time and it snowed 4-6 inches once in late november, it also gets pretty hot in the summer but its relatively dry. Navigating that place can be difficult sometimes i used a map for a while. What are you going to be doing at Goodbuddy? Hope this helps.
-Bubba
Old 11-16-2003, 12:22 PM

ya navigation can be hard for new ppl to s.a. cause all it is are a bunch of inter twined streets, tehres just the loop and the 67/277 east west freeway, but it's not even complete yet so you drive on the access roads, its slow as ****. It's always been like that ever since i was born there, but now they are makign it into an actual freeway.

As for nightlife and entertainment, ya its ok. Few sports bars, few clubs including grahms, and also the San Angelo Saints hockey team and San Angelo Colts baseball team. Including Wall dragway which is close to all you afb guys, but I guess Im a big city person I hated san angelo.

All you have to do is navigate the streets a few nights and you will have it, just get use to bryant, knickerbocker, and how to use the loop, thats the main parts of town, oh ya and sherwood also.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:21 PM

I was born there. Haven't been back in a few years. It is a very boring town.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by pewter99SS
I was born there. Haven't been back in a few years. It is a very boring town.
same i never want to go back
Old 11-21-2003, 11:51 PM

Looks like it will be a small slow town. I will be an instructor there at Goodfellow at the Intel school. Most of those guys have a reputation for being boring but I will have to break the mold. Do any of you guys that live out there know of some nice neighborhoods to look for a house in? I will be out there in a few months and am looking to buy a house. Thanks for the link to wall dragway...looks like a nice track. Are there any really high horse 4th Gen F-bods out there?
Old 11-22-2003, 01:39 AM

Nice neighborhoods:

Southland Area
Mainly Any hosue off College Hills
Bentwood Country Club Area
S.A. Country Club Area

Theres a cop there that drives a t/a has sticker on front at top that says "one tyme" I think and its pretty quick.