West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Anyone have experience with Texas Direct Auto in Houston?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Retired

Anyone have experience with Texas Direct Auto in Houston?

http://texasdirectauto.com/

Looks like they are a wholesaler --- just got off the phone with one of their salesmen and they have no idea about the vehicle I inquired about besides what he was told. They said that I couldn't talk to anyone who's actually "touched" the vehicle I was interested in -- they are just sales guys-- and if I needed to check it out before I bought it, I'd have to hire my own person to look at the vehicle ---- even though it was "pre-certified".

Does the transmission grind?

"I don't know"

Does the clutch slip?

"I don't know."

It looks like some of the parts are aftermarket on the car.

"I don't know."

etc.

Nice.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Exclamation Did they move ? They used to over off Highway 90.

My buddy at work bought a clean ' 98 SS from them, and I test drove a CTS-V there.

It took them a while to finally pull it out - they have a huge lot, and had to get a battery booster to get it started. The check engine light was on, it had clean light gray carpets - with no floormats and it was rainy the day I drove it. I cringed putting my dirty , wet boots on that carpet, but how the hell else was I gonna drive it ?

They absolutely would not budge on price, nor would they throw in a set of factory mats - they would fix the engine light , however. pricing was fair - my credit union thought it was great as it was less than NADA - built in equity.

But, I didn't like the fact that they were so rigid and blew it off. It's not like a usual car lot , either, in that most of their stuff is done by E-bay and to see the cars you gotta make an appointment.

Really - then wait 15 minutes or more for the guy to show, then some more before the car is pulled up ?

WTF was the point of making an appointment if they can't even keep it ?

They did have a lot full of nice looking cars, though .

My .01 - not sure if it was enough enough to be worth .02.

Britt
Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM

we bought our 2007 Daytona from them. Car was advertised at a great price. We had to make an appointment to look at it. We bought it on ebay for the buy it now. Car was described as a clean car fax car and after we saw it we found that it had been wrecked. After further inspection the car was still in really great shape and it looked as though they did a good job fixing it (didn't catch it the first time we saw it). We decided to buy it anyway cause the price was right and they knocked another 2K off after I pointed out it had been wrecked.

I told them that I had bought the car on ebay and I could leave good feedback or I could leave feedback saying the car was not as described and wrecked- their choice. They agreed to the 2K deduct but made me leave feedback there in the office.

My friend bought a Yukon from them and the same story- found out after washing it a few times it had been wrecked.

Would I do it again? definitely. price was where we needed to get the car we wanted.

oh yeah- we didnt get floor mats either
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Retired

Sounds like a bunch of typical car dealers... They have gold and you have ****.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM

go check out the car. dont just buy a car off the internet. they want your money. they just moved to a huge location, about 5x bigger then the older one and they might be too busy so just go check it out.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by Jasonz28camaro
go check out the car. dont just buy a car off the internet. they want your money. they just moved to a huge location, about 5x bigger then the older one and they might be too busy so just go check it out.
Yeah, I'm just going to casually drive 4 hours away and check it out.

That's the point of it all. They claim to be the biggest car dealer on Ebay, etc, etc, selling cars all over the US, but they don't have anyone on-site to check it out and give me the details?

Talk about ****-poor.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Their new lot is pretty damn big. Honestly, Ive heard alot both ways about them. Theyd be a toss up in my opinion, but thats how it is when youre looking at cars that far away from you.

Although, it seems Ive heard this floor mats thing about them on more than a couple occasions.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
but thats how it is when youre looking at cars that far away from you.
Actually, no it isn't like that at all. Usually the car has been touched by someone you talk to. These people take "middle-manning" a car to the EXTREME.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Maybe I stated that wrong. The reason I try to stay away from dealerships myself, because youre probably not going to talk to anyone who knows anything about the car.

Ive made some drives before for cars, 3+ hours, and passed on them because sometimes the people who have owned the car for the last few years cant even accurately tell you about it.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 PM

My father picked up a 2004 BMW 645 Ci vert from them on friday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...ht_26289wt_909

I was going to head down there today to look at a MB for myself but it had sold.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by elguapo
I don't know dude, they seem pretty shady. But then again, I've never bought from them. If I were in H-town I'd check it out for you.
Haha. That'd be awesome, though. I'm looking at a black 06 CTS-V and I want to pull the trigger, but I'm nervous.