West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Alone on Vday?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 02:32 PM

Alone on Vday?

I am...

Attempting to drink the stupidity away...
Old 02-14-2004, 10:28 PM

i was with my ex 4 years and the relationship started to look like mikes car. its still more painfull to be alone then i let anyone know. this really sucks, but its made better with good freinds.
after 1 1/2 years i dont miss her so much, just hate being alone.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:31 PM

After a two year relationship, and 1 yr as a finacee, Yes I am alone this V-day....oh well that's what friends are for.

woohoo, drink one for me!!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:36 PM

Im with you Brad. I made the horrible mistake of breaking up with my fiance (keep in mind ive never been engaged in my life) last Sunday because I fell into a temporary 6 hour deep depression. Since then Ive seeked help and learned from a phychologist that I have clinical depression that spawned from losing so many close friends in such a short period of time. The duplex that I live in and one other are owned by my mom and I run them. Anyways I had all of my good friends move in and since they've tried to take advantage of me and my mom. I was left as a sort of "lawyer" and actually took time out of my busy studying to draw up papers and deliver them to our tenants for a straight year. Each of these people were excellent friends and since then Ive lost them.

I personally don't keep much confidence in people any more, which I know will not get me too far in life...but after being screwed out of thousands of dollars personally I can't help it...

So all of this decided to hold effect on my relationship with my fiance and because of my stupidity I broke up with her. This past week Ive been begging her to take me back and all Ive been told is wait...shes scared that I would do it again...

Bet you're sorry you posted man...didn't want to hear someone elses sob story...

I really do appreciate having you and Vince over to hang out, even if it was just for a few minutes. It made all the difference...

Have a good night man!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:18 PM

yea its hard to trust when youve been treated like a tool.

but you do have to trust in someone, the hard part is finding the trust in you. i know i have to constantly tell myself that what happend with jen wont happen with whoever i end up with. what really makes me mad is when girls say i wish i can find someone like you, but dont seem interested in you?, but in the looser car salesman.

anyway, it was cool hanging with you for a min. but you shoulda went to eat with us, we always have fun. some other time.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:33 PM

Everybody has their tough times.

So what do you guys usually do? I'm always down for hanging out, I just didn't want to intrude earlier tonight. Do you usually just hang out with Vince and his wife?
Old 02-15-2004, 12:05 AM

yea, i usually go to his house 3 or 4 times a week, i actually see them more now(after they got married) then when they were dateing.

life would suck if i didnt have vince and christina for freinds, family is a better way to say it. we always hang out, go to waco to eat and play in traffic, stuff like that. i dont like intrudung on their alone time but if i stay away for a couple days they call and nvite me over, the only rule i really have is i dont hang around her when he isnt there, just becouse i dont ever put myself in the position of being one on one with someone elses wife, or girls under 18. i'm not interested in being accused of some kind of harassment.

you dont have to worry about intruding, i kinda see it like the more people the more fun. besides if you were there the i wouldnt be the only single dude. thats probly why i'm still single, i spend all my time with vince and his wife.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:12 AM

Doug, Brad, I'm sure everything will be good in time. I too am feeling lonely on V-day. This is the first V-day in four years I have been alone. My ex and I were together for four and a half years and between thinking about her off and on today and getting rid of my car it was really a pretty $hitty day for me. Just wanted you to know I feel your pain guys!!
Old 02-15-2004, 12:36 AM

yea everything works out. no doubt.

the worst time is at night when all you have to do is lay there and think.

so i imagine myself running 10 sec 1/4miles in my lt1.hehe
Old 02-15-2004, 12:45 AM

Yep! Dreams of low gear ratios and electric water pumps...
Old 02-15-2004, 12:50 AM

high stall and sticky tires
Old 02-15-2004, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by viperkiller
high stall and sticky tires
...and lost teeth in your rear-end if you don't watch it!
Old 02-15-2004, 08:32 AM

hey man you guys sound like a bunch of old men.

doug my current wife did that exact same thing to me. that happen tto you. but in a week she came cyring back to me wanting to get back together and i told her the same thing you fiancee told you, give a couple of weeks. becuase i didnt want to go through all that crap agian. but just go on like it your going to make through all this and let her see. still call her partents and see how there doing. still call her and ask her how shes doing. let her know you care. and when you call her parents and ask how they are doing they will tell her her you call and ask about them. so now shes hearing from her parents this and it makes you sound like you care about them (not that you dont.) but you know what i mean.

brad and doug yall are more than welcome to over to my house anytime yall want, becuase brad knows i speak my mind and if i dont want you there ill let you know.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:27 AM

My girlriend of 2 years and I broke up about 3 months ago. So how did I deal with V-Day....I went to some clubs in College Station and shook dat *** with some single ladies and had more than a few beers

Scott
Old 02-15-2004, 08:38 PM

hey vince; bite me