West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

3rd Annual State Fair Fbody Day - Oct. 14, 2006!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Disciple

State Fair Fbody Day 10/14/06 Registration/Release Info!!

Hold onto yer panties, boyz & girlz……………..this is going to be the BIGGEST, BADDEST, and BOLDEST Fbody Day at the State Fair YET!!!!!! This year’s Fountain Area cars are going to include Camaros like you have never seen before……..full-on, mega-horsepower, don’t-even-TRY-to-drive-them-on-the-street RACE CARS FROM DETROIT MOTOR CITY!!!!!

Again, we have ALL 3 CORRALS to show our vehicles……and for those of you that think you’ve got a badass race car, BRING IT ON!!! Haul that puppy in on a trailer and show it in the Fountain Area alongside Mr. Fbodfather’s big dogs ranging from 572 all the way up to 850 hp!!

So let’s get this show on the road!!!

FIRST AND FOREMOST are the rules, which will make this as good or even better an event than last year:

1) All participating vehicles must be in place before 9:00 am and remain until after 6:00 pm. No vehicles will be allowed out of the gates before this time.

***We stay for the whole day.....no one gets blocked in (remember you and everyone in your car/tow vehicle get into the fair FREE, so go enjoy the day!!!)

2) Under no circumstances shall a vehicle be started or driven between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. The Fire Marshall can write a $600 ticket for non-compliance.

***This is so we don't have to disconnect our battery cables......just keep yer keys in yer pocket, darlin'!!

3) The corral gates shall remain CLOSED to the general public. Only Vehicle Owners will be allowed inside the corrals. Any other persons entering the corrals MUST be accompanied by the Vehicle Owner AT ALL TIMES.

***Joe Schmoe and his 14 kids do not get to "try out" our cars like they do in the Auto Building…horrors!!!

....oh....and we get our own Police Officer too!!!

Here is the parking plan: (just like last year except for Fountain Area)

Corral A/B - since it is the largest corral, 4th gens go there

Corral C – will house the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens; we had a GREAT showing last year……let’s do it again!!!

Fountain Area – Full-on, NON-STREET-LEGAL, must-be-on-a-trailer Race Cars!! Crowd restraints will be used around these vehicles……and again, no starting up or revving these bad boys from 9 am to 6 pm or you/we’ll get ticketed!!

ALSO!!!!! Mr. Scott "Fbodfather" Settlemire will again be our Special Guest, so get your questions ready for him …and don’t forget about the 5th Gen Concept which will be on display in the Auto Building!!! Scott will be giving out a few certificates, as he did last year……..aaannnd…….there just might be a few trophies given out this year by Texas Fbody Association and its sponsors!!! Get yer vehicle all purty ‘n shiny and let’s have a fun day at the Fair!!!

Here are the two release forms that you must sign and a flyer:

http://www.moonliteprinting.com/temp...lScheduleB.pdf

http://www.moonliteprinting.com/temp...eleaseform.pdf

http://www.moonliteprinting.com/temp...rflyer2006.pdf

Please fill the two release forms out and mail them to:

Texas Fbody Association
c/o Millicent Odell
6780 Abrams Rd. #103-262
Dallas, TX 75231

When I receive your signed release form, I will mail you a parking pass to hang off your rearview mirror the day of the show, a map, and I will add your name/car description to the list of participants!!!! I will pick up the parking passes from the Fair about the middle of September, so start watching your mail after then!!

ABSOLUTE DEADLINE for Release Forms: October 7 (I need to have them by then so that I will have time to mail you your parking pass & maps before the 15th)

HOTEL INFORMATION

Extended Stay Deluxe Market Center
2979 N. Stemmons Fwy.
Dallas, TX 75247
214-630-0154

>>map will be included with parking pass<<

These are LARGE, clean, well-appointed suites with kitchens……very comfortable!! Just call the hotel and ask to be included with the Texas Fbody Association group to receive a special rate of $71.24 and give them your credit card number. You will not be charged until you check out of your room.

DEADLINE for booking rooms: October 1

**even if you are from the DFW area, come hang out with us at the hotel on Friday night, Oct. 13.......you never know who might show up for a little Q & A session!!

Go to the TFBA website to see who all is coming and what they are bringing!!!

See you there!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Disciple

Re: 3rd Annual State Fair Fbody Day - Oct. 14, 2006!!

can I get a sticky on this???
Old 08-28-2006, 11:07 AM

I just missed it in Orlando on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Still pissed about that.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM

Hi Millie,

Did you recieve my documents ? last year was really nice. This time I have a good camera for picture taking,plus a rebuilt transmission.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:21 AM

Hey Tommy, I saw your name on the list.
You can check out the updated list at the club site http://www.Texas-Fbody.com.
Take care, hope to see ya there.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by twz28
Hi Millie,

Did you recieve my documents ? last year was really nice. This time I have a good camera for picture taking,plus a rebuilt transmission.
yessir I did!!! will be looking for ya!!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Holy crap! I'll be there! I've been wanting to see a Camaro from the Trans Am racing series for a long time!

I'm sorry, but we can't show our cars. My mom's has become a garage queen and the Z28 is out of commission until late October thanks to a Jeep...
Old 09-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Disciple

I'm sorry about the Z28... that sucks.

So your mom has "garage art" now??? There's going to be only >>one<< 35th Anny car this year. You sure you couldn't talk her into driving it s-l-o-w-l-y down to the State Fair??
Old 09-29-2006, 02:16 PM

lol no, I don't think so. Ever since my sister's car got hit, she's been too scared to drive her baby