West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

Unleaded race fuel in Iowa City area????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:41 AM

Unleaded race fuel in Iowa City area????

Is there anywhere even close to the Iowa City area where 100+ octane is readily available? Just moved here from California not too long ago, and was wondering.

TIA
Old 11-12-2004, 06:04 AM

Re: Unleaded race fuel in Iowa City area????

Bob did you try the airport out on highway 6, south of the hwy 1 intersection?
Heard about your car last weekend through some people, would love to see it. IF you make it up to Cedar Rapids next saturday we having a get together for dinner at Casa Las Gloria's off of 380 on Blairs Ferry Rd @ 7 PM.
E-mail me if you want to hang out with a bunch of f-body owners

Tony
Old 11-12-2004, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by gixxer92
Heard about your car last weekend through some people, would love to see it. IF you make it up to Cedar Rapids next saturday we having a get together for dinner at Casa Las Gloria's off of 380 on Blairs Ferry Rd @ 7 PM.

Tony
Damn, CF is still open? Kinda makes me wish I hadn't already tucked the car into bed for the winter yet.

We should try to set up a MN vs. IA grudge match at CF sometime next year.

PS Anybody coming up here for the gophs vs hawks game?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:34 PM

There is no unleaded racew gas in the Iowa City area. There is leaded race gas in Cosgrove at Precision Performance, that's the only thing in the area. Cedar Rapids also has leaded but no unleaded.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:32 AM

Hey Tony....thanks for the invite, but me and the GF are getting away for a week. I'd love to come hang another time though. As for my car, it's already been winterized, but I'd love to bring it 'round to some f-body meets come spring. I plan to make more than a few passes at Cedar Falls next season. Keep me posted!

No unleaded nearby huh??

Originally Posted by gixxer92

Tony
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 PM

Its nice to see that there are some other people from the Iowa City area that visit the board. Do any of you guys ever get together and go cruising? Right now I am the lone ranger amongst a group of 5 mustang owners. It would be a nice change to get together with some fellow f-body owners.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ajschult
Its nice to see that there are some other people from the Iowa City area that visit the board. Do any of you guys ever get together and go cruising? Right now I am the lone ranger amongst a group of 5 mustang owners. It would be a nice change to get together with some fellow f-body owners.
Follow the link in my signature
Old 11-19-2004, 06:41 AM

ajschult no longer running a blower on your firebird? Haven't seen the car arou nd for a while. laterz
Old 01-29-2006, 06:06 PM

Been a while since i saw this thread, but to answer your question: I bought it from a guy in IC who took off the blower and intercooler before I bought it. I'm in the process of a total rebuild right now.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
IHI

Spere's in cedar Rapids can get you whatever type of fuel you need and Scott's a pretty good guy to deal with. We used to buy barrels through him till we found it out of the pump locally.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by IHI
Spere's in cedar Rapids can get you whatever type of fuel you need and Scott's a pretty good guy to deal with. We used to buy barrels through him till we found it out of the pump locally.
Boy it's been awhile that this has been seen but any changes in the fuel market around here except prices?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
IHI

Originally Posted by white97z28
Boy it's been awhile that this has been seen but any changes in the fuel market around here except prices?
If your local to the waterloo area, alot of guys have been getting fuel from Sam Annis, they carry multiple octanes of race fuel along with alcohol. We have some local roundy round guys that are dealers for stuff, and can get buddies fuel at half the rate commercial stores sell it for, but that's a friend deal obviously.

When I was at the drag expo in Chicago, I spoke with jason from VP fuel inquiring about setting up a fuel dealership, and the buy in really was'nt too bad, now I cant recall what they were, but obviously the price breaks went into effect the more barrels you bought.

Independence, IA has 110 at the pump at the truck stop on Hwy 150 for all the roundy round guys. Could'nt tell ya what it's going for though at this point in time, when I built my 427sbc, I intentionally made it pump gas since I did the math on fuel consumption, cost to fill up the tank to cruise around, and was'nt NO WAY I was going to average $5-700/month in fuel during the summer months...phucck all that LOL!!! Could made the engine make mo powa upping compression and camshaft, but 660hp/600tq on fly'n j's 93 octane was plenty for me