West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

Indiana Fbody ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 PM

Re: Indiana Fbody ?

Originally Posted by LastOfBreed
BBFHP representing here! A lot of the f-body guys around here are 'tards.

Please, for me call Lincoln Tech and tell them you won't be attending. Biggest waste of $30k ever! I hated it from day 1.

What was so wrong with LTI??
Old 06-17-2006, 11:54 PM

I think I actually lost knowledge by going there. If you know anything at all about auto mechanics, it's a waste of time and money. They treat you like you are in grade school with all of the rules and **** too.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:05 AM

I think I actually lost knowledge by going there. If you know anything at all about auto mechanics, it's a waste of time and money. They treat you like you are in grade school with all of the rules and **** too.

So that is why the recruiter that came to visit me said i would be bored for the first few months of school......

hmm..
Old 06-18-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by indirocz28
So that is why the recruiter that came to visit me said i would be bored for the first few months of school......

hmm..

First few months? I mean I can't tell you not to go of course. Hell you don't know me. I'm just telling you to think about it because if you want to be a mechanic, get a job at a dealership because that's the best learning you will ever get.

Working on old junk that's missing half it's components (LTI), will not teach you anything. Not to mention you sit around for the whole night every night except for about an hour because all the idiots that dont' even know how to change their oil hold everything up.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:04 AM

First few months? I mean I can't tell you not to go of course. Hell you don't know me. I'm just telling you to think about it because if you want to be a mechanic, get a job at a dealership because that's the best learning you will ever get.

Working on old junk that's missing half it's components (LTI), will not teach you anything. Not to mention you sit around for the whole night every night except for about an hour because all the idiots that dont' even know how to change their oil hold everything up.

I think that you'll have that about everywhere you go though man.. What all did you do at LTI-like what courses did you take?..
But yeah- i would be bored sittin there waitin for stupid asses to learn how to change thier oil..
Old 06-18-2006, 11:42 AM

I went through the Auto tech and management programs and came out with an associates in Automotive Service Management.

If you like being treated like an 8 year old then it's the place for you. You get 2 15min breaks and 1 20 min break for lunch. If you aren't back on time, you lose points. If you are sick a day, you lose points. If you are 2 minutes late in the morning, you lose points. It's absoloutly rediculous for being a "college". When I went to a real University, attendence didn't matter at all. If you could learn the material and pass the tests....you were good.

If you are going to the school, you should be adult enough to figure out how to best manage your time at school, work and with your social life to get ahead in life. You should be able to juggle it all with school to be able to learn the material. They don't see it that way. You must be in class all day the whole time....even when nobody is doing anything. <----that happens a lot There is sooo much down time that you really start wondering what all this money you are throwing out is going for.

Last edited by LastOfBreed; 06-18-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:11 PM

I went through the Auto tech and management programs and came out with an associates in Automotive Service Management.

If you like being treated like an 8 year old then it's the place for you. You get 2 15min breaks and 1 20 min break for lunch. If you aren't back on time, you lose points. If you are sick a day, you lose points. If you are 2 minutes late in the morning, you lose points. It's absoloutly rediculous for being a "college". When I went to a real University, attendence didn't matter at all. If you could learn the material and pass the tests....you were good.

If you are going to the school, you should be adult enough to figure out how to best manage your time at school, work and with your social life to get ahead in life. You should be able to juggle it all with school to be able to learn the material. They don't see it that way. You must be in class all day the whole time....even when nobody is doing anything. <----that happens a lot There is sooo much down time that you really start wondering what all this money you are throwing out is going for.
What school did you go to afterwards? im curious b/c 26k is a lot of freakin money.... See, I've talked to the instructors there and what not and like 5 out of 6 i talked to have told me i'll probably bored until we start doing stuff, Not only at lincoln tech, but at VC tech, and Wyotech and NADC.. they've all told me the same ****....- but if there are dumb ****s who cant figure it out i dunno, i'd be bored off my ***..- Like they dont let the rest go on until the dumbass figures it out huh?..
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by indirocz28
they've all told me the same ****....- but if there are dumb ****s who cant figure it out i dunno, i'd be bored off my ***..- Like they dont let the rest go on until the dumbass figures it out huh?..
Exactly. I went to Bradley University for Engineering.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 PM

BBFHP representing here! A lot of the f-body guys around here are 'tards.

Please, for me call Lincoln Tech and tell them you won't be attending. Biggest waste of $30k ever! I hated it from day 1.
More than a few are tards. Yeah I walmost went heavy truck diesel and after the guy told me the cost I lauged and walked out and am now aviation maintenance and almost done.

Most dealers and shops will tell you they hire UTI, Lincoln, Wyo Tech guys to change oil and all. Then they send them to their own schools.
A buddy of mine is a Desiel mechanic and they told him to not go to school first, they hired him and he worked for a semester, then they sent him to a two year school in Ohio and pretty much paied for all of it. Thats when he was working for CAT, now he works for another company. Every Tech I have talked told me they got a job first then the shop sent them to the schools.

If I ever wanted to work on cars/trucks for a living having the degree that I almost have will help a lot. Every guy that I have talked to that has it and works for a dealer walked into a job at the dealer and went straight to ASE school/classes threw the dealer.
Most race teams will not hire you with out one either. Knew a guy that went to Lincoln and went to DEI (Dale Earnhart Inc) expecting to walk into a job and they asked him if he had his A&P (Airframe and Power Plant) and he said no and they said get it then apply to work for us again.
For my two year its a little less than 20k and there are a lot of former automotive techs going there. School is at the Indy Airport.

Oh you dont loose points or anything either. The FAA requires you to take so many hours (has in 60 minute hours) so if you miss any time you have to make it up. Eaither hang around after class doing projects or writing essays (just write a chapter out of one of the text books LOL).
Breaks are NICE you get 10 minutes off every hour or so (get to mess around on the internet and all) and 40 minutes for lunch. This is because your main class every day is a little over 6 hours then you go to your english and math or whatever. It sounds bad but its really not, at the most any given semester your have 3 classes a day and like 8ish hours a day or so.

Whats nice is that Purdue campus has a campus in the same building and when you are done with your AS at VU all the credits transfer for two years of a four year Purdue degree in avaiation.
You can go to the Indy campus or the one in Vincennes.
VU
http://www.vinu.edu/academicresource...px?fsh_lKey=10
VU ATC (Indy)
http://www.vinu.edu/academicresource...px?fsh_lKey=11
Here is the site for my school
http://www.aviationtechcenter.com/
Everything is very hands on, when you are in the lab you are turning wrenches, none of that wait for the other guys so you can work crap.

Last edited by YZF/LS1 Freak; 06-18-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by YZF/LS1 Freak
More than a few are tards. Yeah I walmost went heavy truck diesel and after the guy told me the cost I lauged and walked out and am now aviation maintenance and almost done.

Most dealers and shops will tell you they hire UTI, Lincoln, Wyo Tech guys to change oil and all. Then they send them to their own schools.
A buddy of mine is a Desiel mechanic and they told him to not go to school first, they hired him and he worked for a semester, then they sent him to a two year school in Ohio and pretty much paied for all of it. Thats when he was working for CAT, now he works for another company. Every Tech I have talked told me they got a job first then the shop sent them to the schools.

If I ever wanted to work on cars/trucks for a living having the degree that I almost have will help a lot. Every guy that I have talked to that has it and works for a dealer walked into a job at the dealer and went straight to ASE school/classes threw the dealer.
Most race teams will not hire you with out one either. Knew a guy that went to Lincoln and went to DEI (Dale Earnhart Inc) expecting to walk into a job and they asked him if he had his A&P (Airframe and Power Plant) and he said no and they said get it then apply to work for us again.
For my two year its a little less than 20k and there are a lot of former automotive techs going there. School is at the Indy Airport.

Oh you dont loose points or anything either. The FAA requires you to take so many hours (has in 60 minute hours) so if you miss any time you have to make it up. Eaither hang around after class doing projects or writing essays (just write a chapter out of one of the text books LOL).
Breaks are NICE you get 10 minutes off every hour or so (get to mess around on the internet and all) and 40 minutes for lunch. This is because your main class every day is a little over 6 hours then you go to your english and math or whatever. It sounds bad but its really not, at the most any given semester your have 3 classes a day and like 8ish hours a day or so.

Whats nice is that Purdue campus has a campus in the same building and when you are done with your AS at VU all the credits transfer for two years of a four year Purdue degree in avaiation.
You can go to the Indy campus or the one in Vincennes.
VU
http://www.vinu.edu/academicresource...px?fsh_lKey=10
VU ATC (Indy)
http://www.vinu.edu/academicresource...px?fsh_lKey=11
Here is the site for my school
http://www.aviationtechcenter.com/
Everything is very hands on, when you are in the lab you are turning wrenches, none of that wait for the other guys so you can work crap.

Well, VU is gettin ready to shut down thier Aviation program here in Vincennes..( I live in Vincennes, so i know all about VU.. lol).. And they are only going to have the Aviation up there in Indy..- i've visited that portion up there.. nice **** to play with.. ..
Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 AM

Yeah not every day you get to play around with a 727 and Turbos so big they make 101mm look like Honda turbos

Last edited by YZF/LS1 Freak; 06-19-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by YZF/LS1 Freak
Yeah not every day you get to play around with a 727 and Turbos so big they make 101mm look like Honda turbos

yeah man- no ****..haha- i know when i was up there i was messin w/ everything i could get to spin...

then they told us no to turn the rotors on the helicopters b/c they would start..
damn communits....
Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 AM

It would take a lot for it to start (more of a problem on the airplanes there). The real reason is that what happens if you turn it and the other one hits a person in the head . Trip to the E.R. for that one.
I have seen people hang on them and loose their grip and it bust them in the jaw. Or it flies up comes back down, hits them on the head and they go to sleep for a while lol.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Ahhh.. i see..

lol..