V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

what's the fastest camaro V6 out there...streetable i mean

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 02:46 PM

LMFAO...Keith, no offense but you sound like a walking propaganda sign for firebird v6..... damn man lol......

as for streetability, yes I also agree that keith's car is streetable, the definition of streetable may be different for each one, but IMO his car is fine.

My car is totally streetable but much slower then keith's lol, its not worth modding to me if I gotta take it off the streets, thats where the fun is
Old 02-04-2003, 03:01 PM

I am a proud member of firebirdv6.com and hope other newbies find their way to the site well...

I too was once a newbie on a less popular forum.. When I finally found camaroz28.com it became so much easier to sort the fact from the fiction and I also had a much busier message board with a larger member base to search for answers I was looking for.

The site I started on had many banned members of this site believe it or not... and it was like I was stuck there.. nobody told me of what was out there, i was blind. It was taboo to mention this sites name.

I just don't want newbies to have to go through what I did. I could have been so much further ahead had I found camaroz28 sooner than I did.

If nobody spreads the word of firebirdv6.com, how are people supposed to know it exists?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:02 PM

You can spread the word of it... Jsut say, www.firebirdv6.com has some useful info as well....

or even jsut post the sites in your sig like I do.

You sounded like a infomercial in your earlier post.

Lets try not divert off topic anymore.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:42 PM

I wished I got my Blown V6 to the track before getting rid of it. Oh well.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:23 PM

The fastest V6 F-car I know of is a 3rd gen. It is not street legal, and races in the NMCA (I think). It was in a past issue of Car Craft. He had a N20 backfire, so there were some flames shooting from under the hood. I think he has a 400+ci engine
Old 02-05-2003, 12:34 PM

my v6 bird just has a cam and converter and exhaust work and i'm in the 12s, hoping to get into 11s now with the tuning I got and the right tires.

Silver00

did anyone not read that??? 11's? in a 2000 v6 bird? look at his mods.....hooker long tubes?? and 3600 stall?? hmmmm i dont believe it.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:42 PM

I was thinking that myself...........

Got too.......
Old 02-05-2003, 01:33 PM

he failed to mention the cammed ls1 he swapped in there

must be fun
Old 02-06-2003, 02:15 AM

I think (and am willing to bet) a 4th gen V6 with the 3800 series 2 engin can get into the 11's on a stock cam.
Dyno #'s don't mean that much because I have run 2 14.4's and I only put down 170 rwhp and 200 rwtq.
As for nitrous times, all I do is spin
The future should be VERY interesting.
I'm guessing that by the mid summer there will be 3 11secondv6's
The question is, who will get there first
Old 02-06-2003, 09:53 AM

how much nitroius do you shoot 12sec? and how much nitro do they shoot? the other 2?

and if he has a cammed LS1...that would be a 5.7...that is not a v6. so he doesnt count..the quest was v6. either a 2.8 3.1 3.4 3.8
Old 02-07-2003, 02:57 AM

100 shot I spun to a 12.49
125 shot I spun to a 12.48
Hmmmm, got traction???
I'll be back to a 100 shot shortly
Old 02-07-2003, 09:28 AM

I wonder how many of those cars are capable of driving in the rain/snow, take turns faster then 10mph. Do they even start in the winter with those tiny drag only batteries? Or how does it drive in the rain/snow with no windshield washer fluid or at night with no headlights? Sucks to just drive around with no radio or speakers. It's a cold floor with no carpet in the winter. Hard to give anyone a ride with no seats, unless one has no social life.

Some would call the return path to the trailer a street.

I drive with no washer fluid too and that was the dumbest thing I've ever done to the car. I wouldn't call that streetable to stop at a gas station just to wash the winshield so I can keep driving on the street.

I wouldn't even call 4.10s highwayable.

So who drives the SAME setup they drive at the track EVERYDAY of the year in EVERY CONDITION?
Old 02-07-2003, 10:44 AM

I do, drive my car year round, in snowstorms, rain, you name it....everyday, its the daily driver.........
Old 02-07-2003, 11:17 AM

Damn Dom could you be any more of a moron?

I drive my car in the rain/snow and even salt unfortunately... so does tiago and james i'm sure..

Don't hate just because your car with 4.10's can't even hit a 14.7

How can you call driving without washer fluid not streetable? That has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

You must have more tranny problems too if your 4.10's aren't highway worthy. Both Zach and I have 4.10's and we cruise on the highway all the time... You don't see our cars blowing up or burning trannies do you?

If you can drive your car 120 miles to the track, then race AS IS and then 120 miles back wihtout filling up with gas every 60 miles, i consider that pretty damn STREET able.. I mean hell, how can you NOT consider driving 120 miles on the STREET being STREETable?

I don't know about you but I take highways to get to the drag strip. Perhaps you take a bunch of off-roads that don't classify as streets.

Just because james takes out his radio doesn't mean the car won't run on the street.. Do you believe that not having a radio will cause ignition or electrical problems? Perhaps thats the reasoning for your remark.

Just because the back half of my carpet is removed doesn't mean my car won't run on the street... Perhaps here you were thinking the back half of the carpet plays a role in the structural integrity of the car. I hope you are wrong on this one as I don't want my car's frame to twist like a pretzel ON THE STREET because I don't have the oh so very important rear half of the carpet in.

Perhaps you should re-think the term STREET-ABLE... ie: Able to drive on the street. Doesn't mean you have to drive it every day of the year.

Just because you can't compete with the big boys doesn't mean you have to bitch and moan about how its unfair to you.

Old 02-07-2003, 11:40 AM

Hell yeah Magnus!!!!

Show them who is boss....LOL

Let me add a few little comments in on this now....

My car has a TH400 tranny ( NO OVERDRIVE ) and I drove my car to towns 100 miles away...it didn't blow up the tranny is still strong.... I have no rear seats, no washer fluid tank, and I put gas in the car twice the whole night. Meaning once when I left and once when I got back....I think that is streetable

Just because we don't drive our cars in those conditions doesn't mean that we CAN'T. We just choose not too because these are our pride and joy. I have a daily driver for that crap. Once in awhile I might get caught in the rain but it is no big deal.

Tell you what you choose a track, we will all DRIVE to the track, race and then drive home....Then would you consider our cars streetrable....????

Quick Reply: what's the fastest camaro V6 out there...streetable i mean