V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Ls1 Throttle Body V6 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 02:20 PM

Ls1 Throttle Body V6 Camaro

i thought i have heard before you could put a ls1 throttle body on a v6, can i do that? is there anyway to get that on the v6? also, anyone ever hear of an intake with two tubes, like the corvette when it splits off to two filters, i want somthin like that on my camaro, i would also like to put filters where my foglamp holes are
Old 05-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Re: Ls1 Throttle Body V6 Camaro

Originally Posted by Chris_Camaro
i thought i have heard before you could put a ls1 throttle body on a v6, can i do that? is there anyway to get that on the v6? also, anyone ever hear of an intake with two tubes, like the corvette when it splits off to two filters, i want somthin like that on my camaro, i would also like to put filters where my foglamp holes are

After reading through the majority of your posts, you are headed in the absolute wrong direction as far as trying to actually have a quicker car using the right parts.

1) An LS1 throttle body will do basically nothing for you. It is bigger, but your upper intake manifold and heads will pose more of a problem than a throttle body. For a better use of the money you would spend on that throttle body, investigate getting your heads ported and polished, and gasket matched with your manifolds.

2) Your intake, if I remember correctly, is a lid. There are MANY different things you can do to that intake (FRA, SSRA, whisper lid, raise the airbox, FTRA, etc) which are a considerably better idea than extending the length of your air intake, then making it turn multiple corners to just to locate some filters behind your foglights. If I were you, I'd keep them for your "canyon" roads, because they will do more good than an extravagant intake setup.

3) A 6 speed on a 3.8 is a total waste of funds. The 5 speed is cheaper, geared better (for the particular car), and is already on your car. To fabricate a T56 in, while it may sound particularly easy (bellhousing modification at mechanics shop, adapter plate, etc) is going to be pricey, plus with the difference in gearing you'd need extremely high rear end gears (as mentioned in the other thread) to even get anywhere close to STOCK accelleration. There is just no point, really.

To actually give meaningful increases in speed, look into porting and polishing your heads/manifolds, changing your rear gearing, forced induction/nitrous, etc. Small little things such as a bigger throttle body (on an otherwise basically stock intake setup) will not provide results that you seem to be looking for.

This may have sounded like I was flaming you or something, but I am not. Just trying to lend a helping hand when it comes to making our v6 go faster.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 PM

LS1 tb + V6 Ok it's not done yet but it will be soon.
Your 3800 has a more approate tb (65mm) then my car's orignal 52mm.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM

i dont think it would be worth it in the least bit. you are fine with what you have now......
Old 05-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 9TransAM4
i dont think it would be worth it in the least bit. you are fine with what you have now......
Indeed, unless you're tossing out 300 HP and running a Power adder, you'll have more gains with CAI, and Dual Exhaust especially for the price...

...It's GOOD to have inginuety and try something different once in awhile... but when you try something different it's a good idea to start basic...