V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

I can't decide, I need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 01:27 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nikkev:
On my '98 I get about 27 on the highway and about 17 around town including the weekend drags.Not bad mileage at all!
Kevin

</font>
LOL, If only it were true.

I have had my SS for eight days now and i have put $50 in it already and right now it has half a tank. I used to spend $30 a week on the 6 banger. (I have a real heavy foot though)

------------------
white 98 V6 Camaro with bolt on mods (sold 7-13-02 to my brother) now my car is a Black 99 Camaro SS with all factory options except steering wheel controls (not sure if it was an option).
Old 07-22-2002, 10:29 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nikkev:
On my '98 I get about 27 on the highway and about 17 around town including the weekend drags.Not bad mileage at all!
Kevin

</font>
Well, I've got LT1.

On the highway I tend to get between 26 and 30 mpg (with cruise control 30 is very attainable).

In the city I get 17 to 18, depending on the day. Mixed city / highway I get usually between 19 and 21.

In the city I almost always get 16L per 100 km, which is about 17.5 mpg. The sacrifice is not that great.

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest running your car on regular. Get at least mid-grade fuel.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:39 PM

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by V6white98:
LOL, If only it were true.

I have had my SS for eight days now and i have put $50 in it already and right now it has half a tank. I used to spend $30 a week on the 6 banger. (I have a real heavy foot though)

</font>
Hehe,you must drive it like you stole it When I am cruising around town I am in OD and I rarely get above the speed limit.I also don't accelerate like crazy from a stop either.The only time I really rag my car is at the drag strip.Although there are a few rare times when I let her unwind on the backroads But yes,with cruise on and 3.23 gears,I get 27 (OK,OK 26.9899999999) on the highway.
Kevin

------------------
1998 Black Z28 A4
-------1/8-------
8.584 @ 83.64 MPH
Taylor 10.4mm wires,!EGR,!FRA,SLP Lid,MAF Ends,IAT Tricker,TB Bypass,Manual Fan Switch,and Dynomax Cat-back

BMR STB and Sub-frame Connectors

Pics
Old 07-23-2002, 03:18 AM

Question

Ok,

I've talk to the guy (dealer) about if he could get what I want for my 96 (which basically pays the loan off) I will go further with a deal.

Wish me luck.....(It's still hurts though)

Oh, I do have one more question, I have never owned a black car (Green, White, and Blue are the only colors so far) so I was wondering how hard is it to keep clean. I have Zaino, so will it help?

IwantaSS
Old 07-24-2002, 08:41 PM

black is anawesome color to go with, it looks awesome with so many accent colors, yes it's a pain to keep clean, yes zanio will help a lot. and as far as your mileage goes, it seemed that my 3.8 A4 got equal mileage to my Ls1 M6. About 25. in town though the 3.8 did better, as i only get like 20 with the Ls1.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:32 PM

It is a tuff call, the only down part is you still owe money on your V6, for me, I would never sell a car if I didnt have a tital.
I have played around with the same thing of upgrading to a LS1, (I could of had a LT1 but would rarther have a 3800)
for me, I commute 7 miles to work and 12 miles to school so I wouldnt use the V8 but I still owe atleast 2 years of money on my car

------------------
~Chris~
1998 Camaro 3800 A4
Cayenne Red, T tops alloy's, 3:08.
K&N filter
FRA
Wisper lid
washers
!auto headlights!
AOL IM: chevyboyz24
Old 07-26-2002, 08:16 PM

I wish I got half the gas mileage some of you are getting, sometimes I want to cry when I am in the drive thru for 20 minutes

------------------
my car-Black with black leather interior 99 Camaro SS, A4, T-tops and lots of options
my old car-(sold to my brother 7-13-02) white 98 V6 A4, leather, t-tops, exhaust and intake mods
Old 07-26-2002, 09:19 PM

Ive got a Black 99 v6. They are hard to keep clean, I wash mine A LOT, and I bought one of those dusters to get the dust off (it shows horribly bad on a black car). I have never used Zaino. Mothers works just fine for me. I get that Mothers Showtime spray. It works good for a quick shine before I leave the house. Ive got cats that sleep on the car so I have to use that stuff everyday. Oh yea and for your tires...keep them black as u can get them. I use Eagle 1 Wet Tire Shine, spray it on then get the tire applicator and go around the whole tire (I do each tire twice). If you take a lil time everday and clean your car it really does pay off.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:51 PM

I just waxed my 99 SS for the first time and it kept streaking when I wiped it off, like when you get streaks on your windows and yes the wax was dry. But it is nice and shiny when clean. I am going to put some of that mothers shine stuff on tommorow I have it, never used it.
edit:
my car is black

[This message has been edited by V6white98 (edited July 27, 2002).]
Old 07-27-2002, 02:24 PM

I get small white streaks too! I dont know why tho. I just had it buffed and its not near as bad but I can still see it. They seem to go away for the most part.

------------------
--------
~Josh~
--------
99 Black 3800 II
KN Filter
Flowmaster
3 1/2" Chrome Tips
Home-made Whipser Lid
Replace Cat w/ X-pipe
AC Delco Platinum Plugs
AOL IM: PlatinumSmoke00
Old 07-27-2002, 03:07 PM

Ya, my car was buffed twice before I bought it two weeks ago. I spent so long trying to get the streaks out my neighbor came over with a flood light, thats when I realized I should stop. When I looked at it this morning it looked like the streaks are gone.

------------------
my car-Black with black leather interior 99 Camaro SS, A4, T-tops and lots of options
my old car-(sold to my brother 7-13-02) white 98 V6 A4, leather, t-tops, exhaust and intake mods
Old 07-27-2002, 06:36 PM

Wink

Well I have Zaino, so hopefully it wont leave streaks like you guys have mentioned. It works fantastic on the one I have now.

I'm still waiting for an answer from this guy who is suppose to get bacbk to me about the trade in value for my car. So who knows. If he doesn't get back to me soon, I will take that as a sign of it wasn't meant to be.
Funny thing to add, does anyone here believe their car have a soul or at least know what you are up to? I swear now that I've been talking about getting rid of it, it has been starting to act up. It now seems like it doesn't want to start (it took 4 times to get the starter to go) and now the A/C is not working right, just blowing hot air. I have a feeling it doesn't like me right now. I had the same thing happen to me in my old car 90 Mercury Sable (lost 5 transmissions alone cause I called it a POS).

IwantaSS

Old 07-27-2002, 10:35 PM

If your gonna get the Black camaro, read the post about Dusting your car...it puts some ugly marks on your car if you dont dust it right...i found this out as well. You should barely let the tips of the duster touch the car and gently go over the car

------------------
--------
~Josh~
--------
99 Black 3800 II
KN Filter
Flowmaster
3 1/2" Chrome Tips
Home-made Whipser Lid
Replace Cat w/ X-pipe
AC Delco Platinum Plugs
AOL IM: PlatinumSmoke00
Old 07-28-2002, 06:19 PM

Exclamation

Any word on the new ride?
Kevin
Old 07-28-2002, 08:02 PM

Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Any word on the new ride?.</font>
I just sent the guy another message to see if he has found someone to take my present Camaro. Just have to wait for him to get back to me.

I still have to test drive the 98 Z28 before I even take possession. I just haven't had time with work and everything. Who knows, maybe he sold it.
If he did, there will be others.

IwantaSS

Quick Reply: I can't decide, I need Help!!!