V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Cam/Headers/Tune/Rear-End/Swaybar all Done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Cam/Headers/Tune/Rear-End/Swaybar all Done!

As I've been saying for months, the Camaro (black, 3.8L Series II, A4 for those who are new) was going to get a makeover for spring break. Therefore, we've got pictures of before and after...

What happened was all performance. GT2 Camshaft, Pushrods, 105 lb Valve Springs, Modified Steel LS1 Valve Retainers, 2 new valve keepers (lost 'em lol), ceramic-coated Pacesetter headers and y-pipe, 180 degree high-flowing thermostat, new plugs/wires, 3.72 gears, Zexel-Torsen Limited Slip Differential, 32mm front swaybar (vs. 28mm stock), and heavyduty endlinks for the swaybar.

Coming soon is a new rear swaybar (it was given to me today; a V8 take-off, which is 18mm vs. my current 15mm one), rear swaybar endlinks, another front outter tie rod (already replaced one, might as well do the other), rear lower control arms, a shift kit, and a high-performance transmission servo.

Alright, so anyway, here are some pics:

After hardly starting (fans, intake were out, that's all):

End of day one:

Another at end of day one:

My hand after day one, proving it a good day of work:

Before from above:

Before from passenger side:

After from above:

After from passenger side:

After from driver side

After from front:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...fterCenter.jpg

Okay, so I still have to clean up some of the plastic.. But the car runs so much better. I also got a send-in tune done while the thing was all torn apart and received the PCM back on the day we got everything together. It now shifts, during WOT, at 6500 RPM and can rev to 7000 RPM, and it sounds like an 8 almost all the way through the RPMs. I'll try to get video up soon.

Also, today I had my 3.73s/LSD installed. It's raining out, but I can still feel a difference. I can't wait for dry roads (though I might have to...)! And it corners so much better with the new front swaybar.

Wait it out a week or two for new vids, exterior/interior pics, and maybe some burnouts!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Re: Cam/Headers/Tune/Rear-End/Swaybar all Done!

awesome
im wanting to do almost all of the exact same stuff to my car. But im not quite in the best financial situation right now, but it oughta get better sice i just started my first job.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:15 PM

Re: Cam/Headers/Tune/Rear-End/Swaybar all Done!

Very nice.