V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

b-coleman

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:16 PM

Wink b-coleman

i read one of ur replys reguarding to a subject about overheating. i read that it says that ur 96 Z28 security light stays on. i have a ? my 94 Z28 just turned off on me the other day and now my security light blinks and the car wont start but i went to the dealer and they told me its the key cylinder becuz they tested my key and they said the key was fine. i tried to ask the guys on the LT1 based tech engine but no one is replying to my posts idk y but would u be able to kno the issue thank u
Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 PM

The security light on my camaro has been on for almost 10 years and the car never fails to start. I couldn't tell you why though lol
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM

security light on

My security light has been on for two years and luckily I have not had any starting problems. If its not the resistor in the key my guess would be the ignition switch or bcm. This seems to be a major issue with the fourth gen camaro's and trust me I know it can be a headache troubleshooting the problem. I have pretty much ignored the security light seeming that it has not caused any problems. Good Luck...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by b-coleman
My security light has been on for two years and luckily I have not had any starting problems. If its not the resistor in the key my guess would be the ignition switch or bcm. This seems to be a major issue with the fourth gen camaro's and trust me I know it can be a headache troubleshooting the problem. I have pretty much ignored the security light seeming that it has not caused any problems. Good Luck...
Mines been on for about a year