V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Another Camaro in the stable

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:57 AM

Another Camaro in the stable

Hey guys.. I have never been in the V6 section before since I honetly have had no use for it.. I already have my Camaro but yesterday my fiance and I traded her 03 Neon for a 00 Camaro.. pretty good deal on the car too .. anyway.. I have no real interest in modding the car since any drag/street racing is done with mine.. however she would feel alot better if I "tinkered" with hers too.. I almost get the impression it would hurt her feelings if I didnt pay any attention to her car, so what the hell, I will do what I can with it.. I ordered front and back clear makers, euro headlights with the "halo" ring or whatever it is.. the euro tails with chrome backing, the "camaro" lettering for the back panel, and I was thinking of doing the "hockey stick" stripe down the side.. The car is silver with silver roof bar and mirrors (would have prefered black but oh well).. its of course 3.8.. and its an auto.. I havent ran any RPO's on it yet so I have no idea what its optioned with.. I do know it has t-tops, traction control, foglights, keyless, power everything, I dont know if its a monsoon sterio or not since its got a pioneer deck.. I was thinking as for exhaust to maybe go with a used V-8 system (did a search and seems to be the choice for modding a V-6) and I was also thinking of doing something with the intake.. that however I didnt get any real answers on so any suggestions would be appreciated.. maybe just a new lid? and I also heard about somehow rigging it so suck in more air but maybe thats V-8 only.. As for appearance I am staying away from ground effects as I am sure she will rip them off on the first curb that comes close to her.. maybe a SS spoiler, but honestly I dont think I will drop that cash for a hood.. maybe some used Z wheels.. like the 17" 10 spokes.. its got the 16" on it now that look similar to the ones I just mentioned.. You guys think of anything worth doing to it that I havent? Any suggestions for not too expensive mods or appearance upgrades.. Honestly with the car being all silver to mee it looks weird.. it needs the black roof bar and mirrors to break up the silver a little.. I also cant decide what color for the hockey stripe if/when I order it.. any ideas what color would look ok with silver?? It has a blue pin stripe now that looks hidious (its coming off soon as I get my hands on it).. But maybe a dark blue stripe wouldnt look too bad.. dont know.. Well guys sorry this is so long.. just looking for general input on what to do with this thing.. hope to hear from you guys soon..
Scott
Old 04-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Re: Another Camaro in the stable

" maybe some used Z wheels.. like the 17" 10 spokes.. its got the 16" on it now that look similar to the ones I just mentioned."

just an fyi the 17" 10 spokes are SS wheels, the Z wheels are 16".
Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 AM
camarobiatch

Talking Re: Another Camaro in the stable

Since its a chick car, maybe you should check out some shades of pink and mauve for the pinstripping. I know I like pink (just a females point of view).Silver and pink go nice together.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:48 PM

Re: Another Camaro in the stable

Put a muffler on there for her... wheels and tires would def make it nice. Maybe a SS hood...maybe an whisper lid or ram air or something on the induction for a lil better milage....