V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

93-95 GM 3.4L L-32 Complete Engine Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM

93-95 GM 3.4L L-32 Complete Engine Rebuild

In case anyone is doing ( or is contemplating starting) a complete engine overhaul of the 93-95 GM (Camaro-Firebird) 3.4L L-32 V-6 series engine... I am in the process of finalizing a complete rebuild of a 95 Pontiac Firebird motor for my son's 1994 Chevrolet Camaro RS. I expect to have the engine completely assembled and running before Thanksgiving, 2009. Money and time are always the controlling factors. I have taken pains to memorialize the entire tear down and rebuild process; acquisition of the necessary parts and pieces and photographed a great deal of information that includes the following categories:

Old Tear Down Images
Necessary Machine Shop Work Images
Engine Rebuild Process Images ( ...a work in progre$$)
Engine and Specialty Assembly Tools
My Design for a Homemade Pre-Oiler for the 60* Engines
New/Replacement OEM Parts Images (Including packaging and OEM Part Numbers)
Installation Images for the Cloyes "True Roller" Timing Set
Installation Images for the CompCam 260H Performance Camshaft
New Performance Part Images (Part Numbers, Grind Card and Data included)
Pacesetter Header Images (with a visual How-To on Installing Fiberglas Wrappings)
Images of ARP Header Bolts/P/Ns from a Honda Civic Pressure Plate that will work perfectly for Header Installation
RemFlex Header Graphite Gasket Images
Performance Modified Stock Throttle Body Images
My Design for a Homemade Rochester Multec EFI Cleaning Machine Images (Off The Vehicle!)

...and much more...

These photos and data can be freely and openly accessed on my public Photo-Bucket (listed as related Albums on the left side of the page) at the below listed link:

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/60dgrzbelow0/

I will answer any and all questions on this subject here in the forum as per the proper procedures from the Admins/Mods... or you can send your questions to me at my 60* email address of:

at60dgrzbelow0@yahoo.com

I am not selling or advertising anything on my Photo-Bucket site. Any and all ideas I post there are completely free for the taking! I hope this proves helpful to any and all who have 60* engines in their 93-95 F-Body Cars.

--==Bob==--

Last edited by rsm93z28; 07-31-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Have you got this running yet?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 AM

Thanks for the pic has helped alot working on my 3.4
Old 07-04-2010, 07:54 PM

1993-1995 GM 3.4L V6 Engine Teardown and Re-Build

It has been nearly two years and more since I began the "Complete Engine Re-Build of the 1993-1995 GM 3.4L L-32 V6 Motor" and in all the time since, I was laboring under the misapprehension that I had loaded all of the Engine Tear Down Images up to my existing Photobucket Albums (which are there to this day...but apparently incomplete) with the intention of sharing that comprehensive process with anyone having an interest in taking the plunge to re-build their own, tired and aging 3.4L Engines. But within the last hour, while trying to put together an old IBM A-31 Thinkpad from some parts and pieces laying around... I found a small hard drive that, amongst other things...contained a folder with another 257 Unpublished Images of this Project that as of yet have never been shared!

This explains why I have received so many odd emails and contacts from time to time since then asking me, "Bobby...Where in the Hell are the REST of them?!" These questions always puzzled me and I would reply to these inquiries with a response that sometimes did not conceal my consternation over the question and tell them to just look down the list of the available albums there and they will be very easy to find. To each and all of the people I've disappointed in this way, I extend my sincere apologies for not realizing my error so much sooner in not having added the ones that can now be viewed in this newly added album. Please forgive me this blunder...and I hope you find these "New OLD" images more satisfying and complete. I should mention that these have been very helpful on many occasions in showing folks where things on the engine were at one time when bolted on at the GM Engine Factory and serve as a guide to getting things back together in ways that the books and manuals simply cannot match when showing partial assembly and dis-assembly in the real world setting. Oh...and while there may be quite a bit of redundancy between this album and the priors... I think at this point ...having too many images is better than not having enough of them.

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/s...ARDOWNIMAGES2/

Last edited by rsm93z28; 07-04-2010 at 07:58 PM.