Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

yea my lt1 beat a...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:24 AM

This is a lie. LS1's were made by god and can not lose.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 AM

Good kill, racing an LT1 with a MAF, shorty headers, and gears against a stock LS1- probably can beat most stock Hondas, too- sheesh-
Let me know when you beat a similarly modded LS1.......
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 96supersport
i pulled really really hard on him from the jump but at about 100 ish i stopped putting cars on him but he wasnt catching back up, oh and i was like man a stall converter, headers, and 3:73's would wake that thing up and he said im not going to put that much into it. and i was like, well then lt1's are going to keep beating up on you.
Some will and some won't. His car can still beat stock LT1's and quite a few that have minor bolt ons. But he needs to learn that on a stock stall he shouldn't race from a roll unless it's way up high or way down low.

I don't street race at all but if I did then there is no way I would let anyone sucker me into a race that starts in my dead spot. I would either slow down to 25 or speed up to 60 and make them race me in my sweet spot. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by robb4964
To this day I still love ford cars. I just prefer GM.

So I may play around and say " Cause its a Ford" but the truth of the matter is I would buy a ford in a heartbeat. I dont think they are junk.
Fix Or Repair Daily.

Found On Road Dead

I'm just playing. I prefer GM for muscle cars. But truth be told I install carpet part time and my daily driver is a 2006 Ford Econoline E250

Originally Posted by Wild *****
A kill is a kill. If he was driving a 10 second 383 LT1 then maybe I agree that racing stock LS1's would be weak. But he is just mildly modded. I bet there are stock M6 LS1's trapping 105-107 that can give him a run for his money.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Let me know when you beat a similarly modded LS6.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by darrens99formul
I don't street race at all but if I did then there is no way I would let anyone sucker me into a race that starts in my dead spot. I would either slow down to 25 or speed up to 60 and make them race me in my sweet spot. But that's just me.

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Found On Road Dead

I'm just playing. I prefer GM for muscle cars. But truth be told I install carpet part time and my daily driver is a 2006 Ford Econoline E250

HAHA...Mines a 97 Metro I bought it with a knock, drove it home and pulled the motor in a few hours. No engine crane needed just my guns and a small small chain. LOL. It was a joke. I carried the engine over to my Windstar when I removed it. In all seriousness everyone should have a metro. It never fails. Gets 45MPG average and drives pretty well. As long as the body holds together Ill drive this car until its a pile of dust. I have less the 1500 in the whole car with a Brand new engine, clutch, and water pump. Its nearly a new car mechanically and cost nothing to maintain/own. Walking wouldnt be much cheaper then driving this machine.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demon's Camaro
The gears are what made the big difference here. Being auto hes quite limited with the 2.73 or 3.23 he has.

Why must you come and **** on every lt1 kill? Nobody cares that the lt1 you owned only ran high 14's, get over it already.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Hmmm, still sour over the mod call out?

Anyways I was noting that the 4.10s is what really gave him the edge. I never said anything of ill intent.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 AM

My LT1 occasionally beats LS1s.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 PM

Good kill, OP! There are some mean LT1's out there, I never count them out.

An A4 is worthless from a roll against an M6 unless it's stalled. I would love to have an A6 and have every downshift around 45K.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 PM

hey hey nobody get butt hurt about this, the guy was my friend and it was his idea to go from a roll because he said he wouldnt have a chance against my gears from a stop, so we did a roll and i beat him.

yea my car might get beat by a m6 ls1 but hey when that race comes, ill post it too.

pretty soon i get my taxs returns and ill have my heads and cam then ill have some vette kill stories.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Good kill, racing an LT1 with a MAF, shorty headers, and gears against a stock LS1- probably can beat most stock Hondas, too- sheesh-
dang dude get your feelings hurt much?

and he had slp lid, slp loudmouth, and a hypertech.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by 96supersport
dang dude get your feelings hurt much?

and he had slp lid, slp loudmouth, and a hypertech.
He had hypertech????? Then I call BS on the races. Those things add a bazillion HP to the wheels. Especially since this guy (who loves to race in his dead spot) is obviously extremly performance car savy.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by darrens99formul
He had hypertech????? Then I call BS on the races. Those things add a bazillion HP to the wheels. Especially since this guy (who loves to race in his dead spot) is obviously extremly performance car savy.

haha, hey it was his idea to go from a roll at 40, not mine, i like racing from a dig. =D

thats were my 4:10s shine.

little lt1 launch hard.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 PM

Who gives a rip about mod for mod?

You want to get into HP/LTR ricer math too?

Or maybe the fact that his LT1 with all of those mods still costs less than an LS1?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Agreed. While an LS1 has better heads, intake, everything really, they do sometimes lose races, even against similarly modded LT1 cars. Driver FTW. Just like every other car, there are some that are faster than others, it happens. Why do two identical cars, same off the show room floor, perform differently? Now factor in miles, lack of maintenence, etc.

Oh and OMGWTFBBQ ~ When the ricers start with HP per liter, I go into TQ per RPM's and TQ to weight ratios. Give it a try next time, they will be clueless lol.

Quick Reply: yea my lt1 beat a...