Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Turboed Avenger???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:24 AM

Turboed Avenger???

so im in the Z last night after my softball game on my way to grab some food real quick with my girlfriend. t-tops off windows down relaxin we r on a 3 lane per side highway through the city by our mall and stuff, so decently busy usually. wer sittin at a red light in front with ppl around us when i look to the right and notice a younger guy in an avenger (old style) with his dark tinted window roled half way down with only his eyes peerin oer starin down my gf like rico suave or sumthin lol. i look at hm like wtf? lol he finally notices me n his eyes jump off her real fast n he just starts staring at me. im thinkin puhlease with that chick car. he starts lookin ahead gettin ready as i laugh. n he creaps forward only to get fooled by the green arrow, so im thinkin wow hes serioius...green light- scream the eagle gt's through 1st n 2nd, and already have him by like 4 or so lengths so istart coastin n he keeps comin up rarin, so im thinkin "ok havent had enough yet??" i put it in 4th of all gears lol and stillstart pullin again befor he even gets tomy rear bumper. so i slow down to turn left cuz my tbell was more important n he blows by me gettin his ricer win lol and i swear to god i heard a blow off valve...soif it was turbo it was pitiful and got walked by a stock 99 ls1 (not that iwoulda doubted that )
Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 PM

They make cheap faker blow off valve kits that make noise to impress yoz homies.

Good kit regardless if he was or was not turboed.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 PM

A v6 Avenger made a whopping 170ish hp "back in the day". Even with your typical backyard turbo retrofit it can't make much more without new internals.

There's a guy in the Atlanta area who had one set up for show (you know - TVs everywhere, etc, etc.) that also happened to have over 400whp. He never got any good timeslips from it because it either fried street tires or blew up axles on drag radials or slicks. It did make the power - it just couldn't use any of it.

He's got a Stealth too, and it puts the power down quite nicely with 120+ mph traps.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM

I don't know what it is about kids and Avengers but everytime I see one around here it is modified to be "fast"; or riced out.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 PM

idk either their remotely cool looking, but thats about the extent of it lol not even slightly fast. i guess at the time of late model camaros it was really Dodges only affordable (same price range) "sports car" to even kinda compare so those mopar guys didnt have a whole lot to pick from...they at least tried to LOOK as good as F-bodies notice i say tried haha
Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
TGK

Location: Knoxville, Tennessee/Mooresville, N.C./Phoenix, AZ/Bristol, TN
There's a guy in my area that has a turbo avenger(with graphics :O). Anyways, I asked him to race one day about 6-8 months ago and he wouldn't. I did get to see the engine though; it had the smallest turbo I've ever seen. Good job putting the one you found in it's place.