Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Raced a New C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 04:00 AM

Raced a New C6

Went from about 40-45 roll up a hill near my house. Guy had a newish burgundy C6.(had CA plates - non dealer/or new paper) I was on my way home from work and he pulled next to me had a cocky look to him... then drastically backed off. There was a mini-van and an M3 BMW in front of us so there was NOWHERE to go.

Alas, we somehow ditched the M3, I had a clear lane, he was behind the minivan. I had to slow to 35 and wait for 2+ blocks for him to realize I wanted to run with him.. Not too bright...

I think he thought something was up due to the 11" wide tires in the back of my car, When he was next to me, I had to the open lane, he had the minivan, I punched it, he switched lanes and tried to pass me, LOL

HAHA, he got behind me and went NOWHERE. He stayed behind me until 95mph. No pulling etc.. basically DEAD even... MUHAHAH! The location of the race was a little "hazardous" because of the incline and the Turn we were on... Im glad im alive to write this, my dunlops in the back are gettin BALD. Dunlops SUCK...(Almost lost it during the 2-3 shift because of the not-so grippy rubber on the tires.. they always seem dry)

I was willing to give him a second chance by skipping my turnoff for just going up the hill some more, he turned where I would normally turn, no wave, no thumbs-up. Im sure he was fellin' kind of sad that a "Camaro w/bad paint and some 11" wide tires gave him a run for his money.

My car = 3k + engine swap cost.

His car = 30-35k at least....

About 7-10 times as much as my car cost....

Gotta get new tires!

--Troy

I was happy I wasn't Destroyed by the new C6... Ls2 = eh.. whatever.

--Troy
Old 05-15-2005, 04:25 PM

Re: Raced a New C6

Nice kill man. You've got an awesome sleeper there. Poor guy probably thinks something's wrong with his car now.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:12 PM

What sucks worse for the guy is that the 'Vette starts out around $45G, and -"optioned" realistically- is actually a bit north of $50 g...

But looking at the mods you've done, & looking at what the new 'Vettes are supposed to be running... I'm a bit surprised that he didn't walk by you. Nonetheless, good kill - and get some tires!

Last edited by V8Rumble; 05-15-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:43 PM

maybe he can't shift?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Maybe the C6 just plain got beat ?!?!

Good kill on the big brother.

Heavy
Old 05-16-2005, 05:34 PM

lol, good kill man!
now i see y u say for me to find a C6
Old 05-21-2005, 04:22 PM

Nice kill.

I don't think the Vette guy is worrying about the price, though. Not when everybody gives him second looks at every light.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by CrabhartZ28
Nice kill man. You've got an awesome sleeper there. Poor guy probably thinks something's wrong with his car now.
Too bad the CZ28 member didn't get the chance to say "Good run, I haven't done anything to this car. I love it."
Old 05-27-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by TMorgan800
My car = 3k + engine swap cost.

His car = 30-35k at least....

About 7-10 times as much as my car cost....

Gotta get new tires!

--Troy

I was happy I wasn't Destroyed by the new C6... Ls2 = eh.. whatever.

--Troy
I love the price comments In the end he has a C6 and you have an LT1. His car is better than yours in every single way except for passenger space.

A month ago I spoke with an engineer from Callaway and viewed their C6 in person. It has intake/exhaust/ported factory heads/baby emissions legal cam (even passes sniffer) they ran 11.2 @ 125mph with 440rwhp. These cars STOCK have a ton of potential and should be able to wax your car if driven properly. With your mods and being an auto, your lucky to see 108-110mph traps. Sorry if I sound like an LT1 hater…they are old technology/design and take a ton of work to go fast. However, I love mine and have a lot of work into it. That’s why I am turbo’ing mine It will be fast, but takes a lot of work. LT1 guys are like the 5.0 guys of the mustang world. Old engines, but can still be competetive, it just takes more mods then newer cars.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I love the price comments In the end he has a C6 and you have an LT1. His car is better than yours in every single way except for passenger space.

A month ago I spoke with an engineer from Callaway and viewed their C6 in person. It has intake/exhaust/ported factory heads/baby emissions legal cam (even passes sniffer) they ran 11.2 @ 125mph with 440rwhp. These cars STOCK have a ton of potential and should be able to wax your car if driven properly. With your mods and being an auto, your lucky to see 108-110mph traps. Sorry if I sound like an LT1 hater…they are old technology/design and take a ton of work to go fast. However, I love mine and have a lot of work into it. That’s why I am turbo’ing mine It will be fast, but takes a lot of work. LT1 guys are like the 5.0 guys of the mustang world. Old engines, but can still be competetive, it just takes more mods then newer cars.
Ditto.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick

i dont think it matters. lose is lose, win is win. if i raced an enzo and the driver missed his shift, i wouldnt claim my car is better but id boast a win. i think its a good kill. racing is a driving issue otherwise it would be strictly statistical. john force has 8000hp, but joe schmoe has 8200, i guess force automatically loses.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by myslowcamaro
i dont think it matters. lose is lose, win is win. if i raced an enzo and the driver missed his shift, i wouldnt claim my car is better but id boast a win. i think its a good kill. racing is a driving issue otherwise it would be strictly statistical. john force has 8000hp, but joe schmoe has 8200, i guess force automatically loses.
I don't think RealQuick was arguing that the guy didn't win....

It's when guys start using ricer math (ie, dollar/hp) that people start to look at the post differently. If the guy was truly happy that it was a win, and just that, why bring up the fact that the guy's car cost a lot more $? It's a newer, MUCH nicer car, of course it's more expensive.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
I don't think RealQuick was arguing that the guy didn't win....

It's when guys start using ricer math (ie, dollar/hp) that people start to look at the post differently. If the guy was truly happy that it was a win, and just that, why bring up the fact that the guy's car cost a lot more $? It's a newer, MUCH nicer car, of course it's more expensive.
I look at **** from a wallet perspective...nothing wrong with dollar for HP major selling point of the F-body if i remember correctly...any jackass with a ton of money can buy something new and go fast...but yeah he does still have a vette and we got camaros...but nothing wrong with pointing out a 35K dollar price difference IMO...
Old 05-27-2005, 06:55 PM

Bone stock C6 last week at our Norwalk track rental was going 12.7's-12.8's with a couple of 12.5's and a best of 12.4x all at around 112-113mph. I was running 12.5's-12.8's @ 109 or so

I've run a best of 12.360@110.82 - I really think that on that 12.36 run if I had run that C6 I would have gotten beat. The guy wasn't a phenomenal driver or anything but the car just ran good.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:42 AM

All depends on what your definition of fast is..For me its lower 12's, seeing that a bolt on/cam LT1 car can get there pretty easily...so for me it wouldnt be alot of work...Anyone wants to run around on the streets faster then that more power to em. Now a civic on the other hand would be alot of work to be fast.

Quick Reply: Raced a New C6