Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 07:26 PM

Talking Re: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Originally Posted by lovescamaros25
Im sorry but im not going to stoop to your level of automotive beginnership.Im far past that.
So what you're saying is you have no clue. You know why, because you're f*cking wrong. Flow rates are dictated by vacuum (usually measured at 28" of H2O) and valve lift, not rpm. That's as much of a hint as I'm going to give you.
"Automotive beginnership"? Son, my daily driver will rip your POS a new @sshole, and it's my slowest car. You're not "far past" sh*t, you still don't have a clue.
When you get further than changing an air filter and loosening a drain plug, let us know.
S.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Re: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

My God....I'm starting to feel sorry for love boy. Dude, you really, really have no idea what you're talking about. Going down the "0-3000 rpm flow" road is way off the deep end.

Listen....All BS aside....quit now. The thread will die, and as long as you don't try and post such ridiculas junk again, it will eventually be forgotten.

If you continue, you're just going to end up in a bigger/deeper hole (assuming that is possible).

Friendly, no sarcasm, no BS advice. Take it or leave it.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman
So what you're saying is you have no clue. You know why, because you're f*cking wrong. Flow rates are dictated by vacuum (usually measured at 28" of H2O) and valve lift, not rpm. That's as much of a hint as I'm going to give you.
"Automotive beginnership"? Son, my daily driver will rip your POS a new @sshole, and it's my slowest car. You're not "far past" sh*t, you still don't have a clue.
When you get further than changing an air filter and loosening a drain plug, let us know.
S.
Oh no no no,but flow rates are dictated by rpm SON.Runner length and size determines the rpm at which maximum flow efficiency is reached.Such as long small diameter runners optimize flow at lower rpms compared to higher rpms with a short large diameter runner.SON
Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Here is an example of his automotive genius.
Another.
Classic.
Brilliant.
Please make it stop.

Yup...you look like quite the gearhead.
S.

Last edited by Snorman; 08-29-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:58 PM

First of all,im rather new to the lt1 world,and last time I checked it isnt the only vehicle in the world.The exhasut manifold gasket was a beach to change.How many cars have air silencers?not many.Nothing I see suggest a lack of knowledge.I dont claim to know it all.Just more than you.Nice research anyhow.The size of the cat was 2 3/4 inch i.d. 16 inches long.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Thumbs down Re: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Oh no no no,but flow rates are dictated by rpm SON.Runner length and size determines the rpm at which maximum flow efficiency is reached.Such as long small diameter runners optimize flow at lower rpms compared to higher rpms with a short large diameter runner.SON
Uh...that's not what you're proving. You're getting completely twisted around this topic.
Nobody is arguing whether or not intake runner (which has nothing to do with heads) length and shape has anything to do with altering the point at which power is produced.
You should take Cosby's advice.
S.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:02 PM

First of all,im rather new to the lt1 world,and last time I checked it isnt the only vehicle in the world.The exhasut manifold gasket was a beach to change.How many cars have air silencers?not many.Nothing I see suggest a lack of knowledge.I dont claim to know it all.Just more than you.Nice research anyhow.The size of the cat was 2 3/4 inch i.d. 16 inches long.
Yeah...this thread certainly serves as a testament to your knowledge.

S.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:05 PM

Uh...that's not what you're proving. You're getting completely twisted around this topic.
Nobody is arguing whether or not intake runner (which has nothing to do with heads) length and shape has anything to do with altering the point at which power is produced.
You should take Cosby's advice.
S.
Excuse me,you just got proven wrong and your still trying to compete with my knowledge.rpms does play a critical role at where optimal flow occurs.It is not only limited to valve lift and vacuum like you suggest.I could give you more examples why,but I dont feel like wasting my time with somebody who will not listen,and cannot handle the fact someone probably half his age has more knowledge of the internal combustion engine.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:12 PM

Damn...you're even more clueless than I thought.
When you break out of the 14's, let us know.

S.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:13 PM

Excuse me,you just got proven wrong and your still trying to compete with my knowledge.rpms does play a critical role at where optimal flow occurs.It is not only limited to valve lift and vacuum like you suggest.I could give you more examples why,but I dont feel like wasting my time with somebody who will not listen,and cannot handle the fact someone probably half his age has more knowledge of the internal combustion engine.
LOL. I tried. I really, really tried.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:17 PM

Yeah...this thread certainly serves as a testament to your knowledge.

S.
Yes I always do strive to keep learning new things through first hand,reading,and research.When I do forget something I use to know I get aggravated.dont you?Thats what I want to do is be as good as the people you see writing books on automotive performance.That the difference between you and me I just keep pushing myself to keep learning,eventhough I already have a decent amount of automotive knowledge.This is my last post in this thread.Remember this is a track kills forum.Also,I never said I want to write a book.I just said I would like to have the knowledge that those people that have wrote automotive books have.So dont get the wrong idea.

Last edited by lovescamaros25; 08-29-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:26 PM

Explain how a cylinder head intake port flows more volume at 2000 rpm than it does at 5000 rpm.
You do understand that valve actuation is a function of rpm, and that flow rates are based on a single opening of the valve...right? Do you even know on what scale flow is based?
S.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:36 PM

There should be a warning in the begnning of this post stating:

Caution: Reading lovescamaros25's posts can be responsible for killing brain cells. Procede at your own risk!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:37 PM

Yes I always do strive to keep learning new things through first hand,reading,and research.When I do forget something I use to know I get aggravated.dont you?Thats what I want to do is be as good as the people you see writing books on automotive performance.That the difference between you and me I just keep pushing myself to keep learning,eventhough I already have a decent amount of automotive knowledge.This is my last post in this thread.Remember this is a track kills forum.Also,I never said I want to write a book.I just said I would like to have the knowledge that those people that have wrote automotive books have.So dont get the wrong idea.
Don't worry about Cosby, Snorman and ChrisStang. They will never stop. No matter what you say, you will be wrong in their eyes and they will be right in their eyes. Don't make a deal with the Devil, don't argue with a-holes.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
Don't worry about Cosby, Snorman and ChrisStang. They will never stop. No matter what you say, you will be wrong in their eyes and they will be right in their eyes. Don't make a deal with the Devil, don't argue with a-holes.
I thought we were on your "ignore list", bozo.

Don't forget those timeslips...and the attendant excuses, jerk*ff.
BTW...you could weigh-in on the topic, but you might be just as stupid as lovescamaros25.
What kind of a fuggin' clown calls a car dealership on the other side of the country to bolster his position in an internet argument?
S.

Quick Reply: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.