Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Killed my neighbour ... :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:21 PM
LWM

Killed my neighbour ... :)

Was a nice sunny day and I was tinkering with the beast in the driveway.

Neighbour passes by and wanders up to have a look, he's done this on several occasions over the years, sort of curious about why my car makes so much noise at an idle, and why it whistles, and by the way, what are those other sounds ... ??

I tell him about big camshaft, supercharger and the extra fuel and water pumps that are in the car ... he seems suitably impressed ... 'Must go pretty good" he ventures.

I agree, yep, "gets down the road right proper" I say. My neighbour you see drives a V-6 Camaro of 87 vintage, a rusty old slug you might say, but he seems to like it and seeings as we both drive Camaros ... we must be "buds". ... The plot thickens.

He asks me what I'm doing and I reply that I'm adjusting the fuel pressure, because it was running just a tad lean the other day. And I'm just about to head off to the gas station for a few dollars of gas, .... "wanna sit in the passenger seat?" I ask nonchalantly.

He hesitates a second and then agrees, this is probably the only time he'll ever get to ride in a real "HOT ROD". I say it is not running quite up to par, .... The HOOK is baited and tossed over board ...

We hop in and rumble off to the gas station, I give it a little gas on the way, nothing serious, just enough to get the torque converter up to the "take off" spot and then ease off on the gas ... My neighbour says it has lots of power and runs real good. I nod ... HOOK is now firmly set ...

Top off the tank and wait for the lights to change, we now have around 2 miles of empty dual lane black top infront of us ... I thought about just easing on home, but ... the Devil made me do it ... sigh ... lowered the windows so the sound would come into the cabin and oozed out onto the road and then began to feed in the throttle, not enough to spin the tires, but enough to get a good hole shot, kept on feeding gas and as we passed 30 mph and it shifted up into 2nd gear, so now I can feed it in even faster as it won't down shift back into first, and that is what I did ... .

The tires gradually began to loose traction and the car began to "Slither" a bit, the nose lifting up and sort of wandering around, nothing extreme, kinda like being on ice in the winter, except it was black tarmac and by now we are going 60 mph leaving a "trail of tire smoke" and accelerating like a "Mad *****" The sound was nothing short of stupendous, the noise was reverberating back and forth from the noise abatement barriers in a resonating sort of way and the exhaust note on top of that at 6,100 rpm was "Superb".

It shifted out of 2nd gear somewhere around 77 mph, just left it pinned.

Now around about this time the neighbour started looking a bit frantic, he was looking at me and then at the road and then back at me then back to the road, was starting to fidget, was grabbing at the dash, as if to get a grip on it ... reminded me of a "trapped animal trying to scratch its way out of cardboard box ... "

I shut it down at around a 100 mph and rolled up the next set of lights. "Holly $^@#" he says, this thing is a f*#&^*@g race car ... I'm thinking .. "Job well done" as we roll on.

We still wave, but he dosen't ever ask to go for another ride ... what up wit dat ???

Have a good one

LWM
Old 04-16-2005, 07:28 PM

Re: Killed my neighbour ... :)

i want your car bad 559HP TO THE WHEELS !!! you have almost dubble the hp i have
Old 04-16-2005, 07:49 PM

lol I bet your neighbor is traumatized. You truly shocked him . Damn your car has that much horses? Must of been nice.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:44 PM

why even post this, you have a close to 600 rwhp LT1 and you beat a salty worn out turd gen. that a stock auto 2 valve GT could clean house on
Old 04-16-2005, 08:56 PM

He didn't beat anything, he simply took his neighbor for a badass ride.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:21 PM

man awesome story and car. are you a professional writer??? you had me reading faster and faster awesome
Old 04-16-2005, 10:30 PM

Yea that was a nice read......very well written, and dam...I wanna take a ride!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 04:58 AM

That was neighbourly of you...nice.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by MarkyMark
Yea that was a nice read......very well written, and dam...I wanna take a ride!!!
Agreed. There are some people on this board that know how to tell a story and this guy is obviously one of them. Thanks for not being bland.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:36 PM

Cool story, are you a poet in your free time? LOL @ Antz97ZNJ.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 PM

Antz is a dumbass as usual.

Good story. Very nice ride as well.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:32 AM

just wondering where you live and if theres a house for sale j/k sweet story
Old 04-19-2005, 01:16 AM

Wont you be my neighber and come pick me up and take me for a ride...in your car..lol
Old 04-19-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
why even post this, you have a close to 600 rwhp LT1 and you beat a salty worn out turd gen. that a stock auto 2 valve GT could clean house on
Trying to be mean as usuall and you get burned...lol.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:59 PM

Its obvious he didn't even read the thread.....why even post if you have no clue what is going on......what a dumb***

Quick Reply: Killed my neighbour ... :)