Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

I need an official ruling, am I seeing this right or???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 PM

I need an official ruling, am I seeing this right or???

So Took the '69 to the track for the first time with the lt1 swap. (thanks all you guys for your helping to get her going). It was the first time I've been drag racing since I moved to mammoth if not a bit longer so almost 6 years. I had a blast, and ran a best time of 8.29, @ 82.36 in the 1/8th with a 1.84 60ft. Now here is where it gets wierd.. I'm checking out the photos from racephotog, and I get a call from my buddy saying he thinks I'm pulling tire.. now normally I wouldn't be all giddy and making a stink out of it.. but we are talking a all steel minus hood full interior minus back seat, 8.29 second car (in the 1/8th) with a non-tuned lt1/4l60e, on some Drag radials pulling tire. This ain't no 7,6 second machine here..with my old motor I'd do 6's in the 1/8th.. so ya.. it's to be expected but.. 8's.. heh.

Heh, I was driving..and I'm skeptical as all hell. I keep starring at the picture.. I don't know, it's close, and I can't tell what do you think?

I need an official ruling.. I find this hilarious, granted the next thread down this guy is running a 7.6 on a "stock lt1".. hmm I need to figure out how he did that

Last edited by brahm; 08-25-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 PM

Looks like you've got killer weight transfer, that's for sure. I don't think I see any space under the front tires but it's probably getting close.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by John M
Looks like you've got killer weight transfer, that's for sure. I don't think I see any space under the front tires but it's probably getting close.
hater.. lol jk
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Well, it sure is close... Looks to me like once ya tune her... she's gonna be liftin' tire to give everyone a look...

The Lt-1 is all about low-end torque... you've already got the skinnies up front and if you've complimented all that with a decent low-gear... you're headin' in the right direction. She's a digger... for a stock LT-1.

granted the next thread down this guy is running a 7.6 on a "stock lt1".. hmm I need to figure out how he did that ...
"Basically Stock..." But let's not quibble... I take her to "The Jim" regularly... it keeps her strong.

(Jim's the owner of CFM Performance... best wrench this side of wherever you're standin'...)

Last edited by OVA1; 08-27-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by OVA1
Well, it sure is close... Looks to me like once ya tune her... she's gonna be liftin' tire to give everyone a look...

The Lt-1 is all about low-end torque... you've already got the skinnies up front and if you've complimented all that with a decent low-gear... you're headin' in the right direction. She's a digger... for a stock LT-1.

"Basically Stock..." But let's not quibble... I take her to "The Jim" regularly... it keeps her strong.

(Jim's the owner of CFM Performance... best wrench this side of wherever you're standin'...)
hahah just given you ****, I posted that before I read all of your post lol, I think i'm worse then stock.. unknown parts, and no clue how to tune it.. As far as I know it's just a mild blower cam, slightly lower then stock compression, no power adder, and some rockers...never know what your gonna end up with when you trade somebody for a long block. I need to figure out how to dial her in NA then I'll add a bottle.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by brahm
hahah just given you ****, I posted that before I read all of your post lol, I think i'm worse then stock.. unknown parts, and no clue how to tune it.. As far as I know it's just a mild blower cam, slightly lower then stock compression, no power adder, and some rockers...never know what your gonna end up with when you trade somebody for a long block. I need to figure out how to dial her in NA then I'll add a bottle.
Wow... I'd say you're ahead of the curve!

Assuming you're running the stock EFI, Opti thing... meaning you're still on the PCM... I'd shoot over to 'PCM for less'... fill out their questionaire and send the PCM to Brian and let him clean that tune up.

If you're runnin' a carb... that's out of my area.

The one thing I've learned, again for PCM setup, is the tune seems to be a luxury... 'cause it runs... But it's not... The difference can be night and day and it's not that bad, 'investment' wise... (The truth is, it's money in the BANK!)

Now if the site has a tune sponsor, this isn't to bust his *****... I've just used Brian several times; and can tell you that he's gone out of his way to turn it over quick, when we needed it and when he sends it back... we go faster.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by OVA1
Wow... I'd say you're ahead of the curve!

Assuming you're running the stock EFI, Opti thing... meaning you're still on the PCM... I'd shoot over to 'PCM for less'... fill out their questionaire and send the PCM to Brian and let him clean that tune up.

If you're runnin' a carb... that's out of my area.

The one thing I've learned, again for PCM setup, is the tune seems to be a luxury... 'cause it runs... But it's not... The difference can be night and day and it's not that bad, 'investment' wise... (The truth is, it's money in the BANK!)

Now if the site has a tune sponsor, this isn't to bust his *****... I've just used Brian several times; and can tell you that he's gone out of his way to turn it over quick, when we needed it and when he sends it back... we go faster.
Hmm, I thought about doing that but I have to many unknowns. I don't know what cam, or exact compression I have,I don't know stall converter I have, I have good ideas..but so much of this crap I traded for or got used with other stuff. I think it's going to just take some serious trial and error on my part to tune it up... I could start with something from him and tweak it, basically I all have done to the PCM so far is turn off the error codes for stuff that isn't hooked up, and vats. Since i took it to the track I raised the shift points, removed the speed limits and a bunch of tweaks that were in one of the stickies on the diagnostic forum, but no tuning or anything. I did however trade for a plumbed lt1 intake with a direct port kit (that i need to finish putting together) recently, but before I start squeezing I want to try to get her running the best I can NA.

Last edited by brahm; 09-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Looks like the right tire raised a c*nt hair off the ground.