Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Had a fun encounter with a '06 GT Convertible tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Had a fun encounter with a '06 GT Convertible tonight...

So i was coming home from this girls house tonight, and i was already in a great mood for several reasons, and as im getting on the interstate i see those 4 big lights from and immediatley think "new mustang". So i see him coming up in the opposite lane, and i switch to get over there. Well he rides my ***, and attempts to pass me. Well i rarely run my car hard, so i decide to have a little fun. As hes passing me i punch it, but not much, and he does too. He gets pissed and has to switch back quickly b/c of another car. So it finally clears and he goes to pass me, so as hes passing me i punch it, and so does he. He had the running start on me, but we were both pretty much even but i would say that the front of his car was at about where my door starts, so i guess you could say i won, but it was a pretty damn good "race". We both let off, and he flys by me on the other side, but i just went back to driving normaly b/c the area we were approaching is known for cops, and i had already seen 3 people pulled over today, and i didnt feel like getting a ticket.

But all in all it was a pretty fun encounter. I dont know how fast i got up too, i didnt look at my speedo at all, but i was suprised at how quick it was. But i have a question too, who was at the disadvantage here...me or him? He was behind me, but he got the running start, whereas i was in front, but punched it after he did. So who had the disadvantage, or was it a pretty fair race? I was very suprised in my car though, b/c although he did get the running start, he NEVER got ahead of me. Right when i hit the gas the power went in immediatley, and the car just jumped ahead. It was pretty badass. And this is the first time ive raced this car, or any V8, so it was a pretty good adrenaline rush.

And while were talking about racing, what do you think my car would run at the track? Im going to take it to the 1/4 mile track when i get back down in Florida, so what do you guys think it would run? Its a stock A4 except for a Hooker catback and a cutout. And it will be on Yoko AVS ES100 tires. Any ideas? Is 13.8 a good guess?

Last edited by Skyhawk; 12-29-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 AM

Well, considering both cars are convertibles (neither one of you had a significant weight advantage) and buddy had a running start on you, then it sounds like a fair "race" . The outcome is pretty much what I would expect between a stock LS1 vs. '05+ GT . Keep in mind, they've only got ~300 HP from the factory ... your LS1 is making ~350 HP!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:42 PM

Was this right after you an ur GF broke up? If so, that's halarious.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:15 PM

Nice run!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM

I smoked one pretty bad from a stop and not a very good launch
Haven't run one from a roll though...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 PM

I raced one at the track, he had atleast exhaust maybe more. He got me onthe first race by a little. The second race I got him by a car.

I think I was in the 13.2-13.3 range