Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

"that" Evo working a built LT1, etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 01:34 PM

Re: "that" Evo working a built LT1, etc

Why is everyone talking about housing? Isnt this a racing forum.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
The only thing negative was this statement
or your lack of knowledge about anything related to imports and any form of forced induction.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 87camracer
or your lack of knowledge about anything related to imports and any form of forced induction.
I may not know boost very well, but i DO know that the ammount of money it took to get that evo to where it is now cost a FORTUNE.
Go troll somewhere else :looser flag here:
Old 05-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

I will try and re-explain this AGAIN.
For as long as honduhs have been around, what has been their main purpose? Racing? Bah.. tell that to the 40 and 50 year olds that were around when "hot-rodding" first became popular. Ask those REAL hot-rodders what "honda" meant to them. I bet I can tell you right now what their response is
1.) Granny getter.
2.) 60hp econo-boxes.
3.) Fast? HAHAHAHAH.

I am only assuming 60hp for the most oldest hondas because, as per the 05' hp ratings of only 115, I cant imagine the older ones could possibly be much less.
Now.. in the past 40 years, where has honduhs amazing "technology" gone? Obviously not into horsepower and torque, because as you clearly know, the 05 honda's are less powerfull than my STOCK, lazy, emmisions-central, "boat-motor" of a 305 was ( ).
SO camracer, how, if you dont mind being sane and thinking straight for one minute out of your hidden, looser-like life, how are your fabled "imports" better?

Last edited by 85_305; 05-30-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:33 PM

I may not know boost very well, but i DO know that the ammount of money it took to get that evo to where it is now cost a FORTUNE.
Go troll somewhere else :looser flag here:
You know how much money it took to get the Evo where it is? Please give me the rundown on what parts are on it, how much they cost, and the labor involved to install. I'm dying to see this.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Red Jim
You know how much money it took to get the Evo where it is? Please give me the rundown on what parts are on it, how much they cost, and the labor involved to install. I'm dying to see this.
Right.. well, lemme see here, I will name off all the parts
How in the **** would I know? But I do know that turbo's and their parts arn't cheep, especially for the bigger, higher-output turbos. And I also know that parts for ANY import are expensive, especially the less mainstreemed evos.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 PM

How in the **** would I know? .
Hey, you claimed to know, not me.

But I do know that turbo's and their parts arn't cheep, especially for the bigger, higher-output turbos. And I also know that parts for ANY import are expensive, especially the less mainstreemed evos.
Complete horse****. You do know the engine in the Evo is the 4G63, right?

Here is a kit good for up to 775 horsepower, for $4449. That is the "bigger, higher output" turbo you were talking about. That's not very expensive for that power level - and AMS is at the higher end of the price scale as far as DSMs go.

A blower kit for my Mustang (a car commonly regarded as the poor-man's hot rod) to make that level of power is at least as expensive, and requires every bit as much additional modification (fuel system, internals, ignition) as the Evo does.

How about a stroker kit for 2 grand? Good luck building a racing-quality 383/347/(insert favorite domestic stroker of choice) for that little money.

Please learn a little bit about the car before spouting off misinformation.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Wow.. you dont think $750 for rods, $600 for pistons, $240 for an engine gasket kit, and $203 for an oil pump is expensive? What kind of world are you living in?
And FYI.. I can get a 335 stroker for my 305 for about $1500
Old 05-30-2005, 11:19 PM

I will try and re-explain this AGAIN.
For as long as honduhs have been around, what has been their main purpose? Racing? Bah.. tell that to the 40 and 50 year olds that were around when "hot-rodding" first became popular. Ask those REAL hot-rodders what "honda" meant to them. I bet I can tell you right now what their response is
1.) Granny getter.
2.) 60hp econo-boxes.
3.) Fast? HAHAHAHAH.

I am only assuming 60hp for the most oldest hondas because, as per the 05' hp ratings of only 115, I cant imagine the older ones could possibly be much less.
Now.. in the past 40 years, where has honduhs amazing "technology" gone? Obviously not into horsepower and torque, because as you clearly know, the 05 honda's are less powerfull than my STOCK, lazy, emmisions-central, "boat-motor" of a 305 was ( ).
SO camracer, how, if you dont mind being sane and thinking straight for one minute out of your hidden, looser-like life, how are your fabled "imports" better?
you know funny you should mention "real hot rodders". my uncle happens to have resto modded a true 32 ford coupe. i know its a real one because HIS father bought it brand new in 1932. and it sat in my uncles garage for MANY years where i remember seeing it apart. its now bright *** yellow with an EFI 351 windsor in it. he tours on the Good Guys car showing circuit. one night about 5 years ago me and him got into a conversation about imports and what he thought about them. he said something to the effect of "those guys really have something cool going on there. the way they add different parts and stuff is exactly like what i used to do in the 50s with my car. only its more modernized." so, matt, tell me something, if a "true hot rodder" said something like that, then what merit does your arguement hold here?

and what has "honduh" done with what they have learned? well lets see. they are now walking on the edge of 300hp from a v6 in a fwd family sedan that gets very good gas mileage. several years ago their sedans were running stock lt1 times with 2 fewer cylinders, 2 more doors and fwd. so YOU tell ME what they HAVENT done.

and lastly, there is no way on gods green earth your turd of a motor will EVER compare to anything built after 1993. not ever. so in your sick and twisted little world where you think a hopped up 305 can be faster than anything with more than 100whp, i hope and pray that you run into ANY sort of decently modded import. because it wont be pretty. i would actually pay to be there that day.

PS, you might be able to build a 335 stroker for 1500 bones, but good luck with having it break into even the mid to low 12s and still be anything close to streetable.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:19 AM

Thumbs down Re: "that" Evo working a built LT1, etc

Originally Posted by Big Red Jim
Hey, you claimed to know, not me.

Complete horse****. You do know the engine in the Evo is the 4G63, right?

Here is a kit good for up to 775 horsepower, for $4449. That is the "bigger, higher output" turbo you were talking about. That's not very expensive for that power level - and AMS is at the higher end of the price scale as far as DSMs go.

A blower kit for my Mustang (a car commonly regarded as the poor-man's hot rod) to make that level of power is at least as expensive, and requires every bit as much additional modification (fuel system, internals, ignition) as the Evo does.

How about a stroker kit for 2 grand? Good luck building a racing-quality 383/347/(insert favorite domestic stroker of choice) for that little money.

Please learn a little bit about the car before spouting off misinformation.
The $4500 is just for the turbo upgrade that can support 775 hp. They advertise it just like all the other blower/turbo kits.They try to mislead the average guy. The 775hp is the maximum hp range for the turbo. they dont mean that all you have to do is bolt the upgraded turbo on and your up to 775hp like that.Its not that easy no matter what kind of car you have. They all always leave out that you'll need heavily ported cylinder head,intake custom cam,complete fuel system including lines and posibly a built shortblock to handle that kind of power.And that were it gets expensive.
$4500 is expensive for a kit that can support 775hp. I paid $3300 for my paxton Novi 2000 that can easily support 775hp.George Grecco went 8.1 with a Novi 2000.
For example vortech superchargers claims there X trim supports 1000hp on a 5.0 ford engine. That does'nt mean that if you bolt a X trim on a stock 5.0 your gonna make 1000hp.You'll need ported aftermarket heads,intake,cam exhaust,built shortblock,fuel system just to name a few things you'll need a x trim to make 1000hp in a 5.0 mustang.
That Evo, is the shops Evo as stated on your link. Is it me or does it seem like that the vast majoity of very fast imports are owned by speed shops who can pick whatever part they want off the self and put it on or the fully sponsorded rides? Not average guys like you see owning 8-9 second american made cars.
Whats a import lover gonna due when it runs into a 600+cid big block with twin turbos making over 2200hp? run home to mama!!
they got single turbo small blocks running low 6's making over 2000hp.

Last edited by '88Saleen; 05-31-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by '88Saleen
The $4500 is just for the turbo upgrade that can support 775 hp. They advertise it just like all the other blower/turbo kits.They try to mislead the average guy. The 775hp is the maximum hp range for the turbo. they dont mean that all you have to do is bolt the upgraded turbo on and your up to 775hp like that.Its not that easy no matter what kind of car you have. They all always leave out that you'll need heavily ported cylinder head,intake custom cam,complete fuel system including lines and posibly a built shortblock to handle that kind of power.And that were it gets expensive.
$4500 is expensive for a kit that can support 775hp. I paid $3300 for my paxton Novi 2000 that can easily support 775hp.George Grecco went 8.1 with a Novi 2000.
For example vortech superchargers claims there X trim supports 1000hp on a 5.0 ford engine. That does'nt mean that if you bolt a X trim on a stock 5.0 your gonna make 1000hp.You'll need ported aftermarket heads,intake,cam exhaust,built shortblock,fuel system just to name a few things you'll need a x trim to make 1000hp in a 5.0 mustang.
That Evo, is the shops Evo as stated on your link. Is it me or does it seem like that the vast majoity of very fast imports are owned by speed shops who can pick whatever part they want off the self and put it on or the fully sponsorded rides? Not average guys like you see owning 8-9 second american made cars.
Whats a import lover gonna due when it runs into a 600+cid big block with twin turbos making over 2200hp? run home to mama!!
they got single turbo small blocks running low 6's making over 2000hp.
i would like you to point me to where there are 2k+hp cars running on the street as much as a 6-700whp turbo civic. because it doesnt happen. they may take them on to the street once in a while but they arent gonna be driven more than that. period.

and furthermore, please show me where jim said all you had to do was bolt on that turbo kit and you can make 775hp? in fact his post says "UP TO 775hp". but nice try on that one.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:06 AM

and furthermore, please show me where jim said all you had to do was bolt on that turbo kit and you can make 775hp? in fact his post says "UP TO 775hp". but nice try on that one.
Exactly. Reading comprehension is not his friend.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:14 AM

i would like you to point me to where there are 2k+hp cars running on the street as much as a 6-700whp turbo civic. because it doesnt happen. they may take them on to the street once in a while but they arent gonna be driven more than that. period.

I never said anything about the 2000hp cars running on the street. They run at the track in the pro-strret classes were the big dogs run. At the track the fastest turbo cars are the american V8's. I personaly seen Chuck Samual run 6.29@220 in a single turbo mustang. I dont beleive I saw ANY civic's or Evo's running any quicker or faster.

And about the 775hp kit. I just wanted to let everyone out there know that you need a s*** load of other expensive parts than the $4500 turbo upgrade kit to make those power numbers.
And I pointed out that the blower on my car is capable just as much if not more hp that that turbo unit and for $1200 less. What do you have to say about that?

Last edited by '88Saleen; 05-31-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:17 AM

That's fine and dandy. I just want to let people know that it doesn't cost the same as a house to make the Evo move like this. That's just assinine.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by '88Saleen
I never said anything about the 2000hp cars running on the street.

Ok then why talk about them? are 10 second street fbodys impressive of no?

Quick Reply: "that" Evo working a built LT1, etc