Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

'98-ish gt and carrera4s go down on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:18 PM

'98-ish gt and carrera4s go down on the highway

i flew back to the east coast last week to fetch my car and drive it back out to california. i took it pretty easy and passed up opportunities to blast numerous ricers, but did get to tangle with a 4.6L gt and a new carrera s4.

the mustang went down on interstate 70 about 60 miles east of st. louis. first go 'round i gave him a 2 car run on me from behind at about 80. i stopped his pull pretty quick and pulled a few cars on him before closing on traffic. second go 'round i gave him a 3 car run on me from behind at about 90 and let him run about 3 more cars ahead before i went. it took me till about 130 to stop his pull and start gaining back- dunno how far out he got, but if i had to make a guess it would be about 15-20 cars. as that the road was clear in front of us, he kept the throttle open to make for a true top speed contest. by the time i went around him there was a good 20-25 mph difference between us. we both slowed and gave each other thumbs-up. he exited a few miles later.

the porsche 4s coupe went down on interstate 15 in utah. it was in front of me on the entrance ramp going onto 15 from highway 50 in scipio. i got a little close to him on the turn onto the ramp to get his attention and to goad him into a race and he bit. when i saw the back of his car dip, i gunned it and immediately started to gain. i had to let off just a bit to keep my distance until we merged onto a clear interstate 70. we got on the freeway at 90+ with him about 3 cars in front. by the time my tranny shifted into od (around 140) i was at his door and walking by. i pulled about a half a car when traffic became an issue, so i slowed and let him come around me. i looked over to give him a honk and a thumbs up only to witness him grinning like an idiot with his right arm raised to fend off the blows of his wife/gf who was trying to swat him in the head with what looked to be a road map! i dropped further back and set my cruise to 80 as he continued down the road at better than 90.

other than that (and the wrx in the colorado rockies and the e36 m3 in the sierra nevadas, both going down in the twisties), it was a beautiful, even if somewhat uneventfull, road trip.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:49 PM

i'd love to go cross country in my TA and run across some nice cars..btw nice kills