Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

07 evo mr spanked me

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 AM

07 evo mr spanked me

so i was going down louetta about to turn right on stuebner airline when i spotted a black on black evo mr edition. we honked at each other and waved for him to follow me. turned right on stuebner then right into the first neighborhood which after the first left has a long straight with only 2 or 3 stop signs. we line up and go. i got the jump even with having a auto and by 50 or 60 he started creepin up then by 75ish he was about 2 cars ahead. we both cut after we blew by the second stop sign, which i know was stupid, and we slow to a hault and talk for a sec. he said his clutch was going out and that was the reason i got the jump but he also said he was stock. now i thought the mr's were actually a downgrade from the regular evo's? we didnt have long to talk so i never was able to ask but it looked like it wouldnt be stock. long story short, i was like
Old 04-25-2007, 11:17 AM

No , the MR is the race version and potent at that. I would have to agree that his clutch was going south in a hurry as those things cut 1.8 60' times on street tires(AWD).
Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 AM

oh okay, now that makes more sense because it looked like the whole exterior would be stock but a more race-looking stock than normal, on top of that he beat me and i usually keep up w/ them or beat them. thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 PM

It's the race (stripped) version of the evo. Little lighter with fewer options, but it's not much faster than a regular one. It's not like this guy beat you cause he has an MR, he probably beat you cause he's the first guy you ran into who could drive.

Originally Posted by oneclean97z
oh okay, now that makes more sense because it looked like the whole exterior would be stock but a more race-looking stock than normal, on top of that he beat me and i usually keep up w/ them or beat them. thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 PM

this is true also, he shifted pretty smoothly and quickly. even my buddy who was with me mentioned that. da*n it looked nice though
Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 PM

MR are 6 speed as opposed to the regular 5 speed.. not really much difference.. and the RS's are the stripped down versions with a 5 speed
Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM

After researching evo's the past few mths those cars can be made fast w/ not much at all, heck they run low/mid 13's stock....If they werent so expensive new it might be an option for myself. No shame it that loss, good runs.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:22 AM

Why go new? Let someone else eat the depreciation. You can get a decent, low mileage used one in the low 20's. It's really a helluva platform. I test drove one for a long time before buying my GTO. If it wasn't for the fugly exterior and the complete lack of low end torque, I'd own one. It's a real driver's car.

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
After researching evo's the past few mths those cars can be made fast w/ not much at all, heck they run low/mid 13's stock....If they werent so expensive new it might be an option for myself. No shame it that loss, good runs.

Last edited by yellavette; 04-27-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:14 AM

Glad no one got killed because you ran a stop sign...good job.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by yellavette
Why go new? Let someone else eat the depreciation. You can get a decent, low mileage used one in the low 20's. It's really a helluva platform. I test drove one for a long time before buying my GTO. If it wasn't for the fugly exterior and the complete lack of low end torque, I'd own one. It's a real driver's car.
I think its a bad looking car...yea it doesnt have to be new but even the used still hold there price, around here on the autoshopper even one's w/ 40k miles is still going for 25...Buying a car like that I would like to keep the miles @ 20k or below..After reading the new R&T I might have to wait for the 08 Evo X 300bhp and the est. 1/4 is 12.5
Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by CANTONRACER
Glad no one got killed because you ran a stop sign...good job.
agreed. now that i look back at it it was VERY stupid and dangerous. hell we got close to 100ish from what i remember on a two lane road on the side of my neighborhood. not gonna go that again
Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by oneclean97z
agreed. now that i look back at it it was VERY stupid and dangerous. hell we got close to 100ish from what i remember on a two lane road on the side of my neighborhood. not gonna go that again
glad to hear you wont do it again. blowing stop signs is way way wrong. glad no one got hurt or kill'd (kilt at some of my family reunions ha ha!)

david
Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by yellavette
It's the race (stripped) version of the evo. Little lighter with fewer options, but it's not much faster than a regular one. It's not like this guy beat you cause he has an MR, he probably beat you cause he's the first guy you ran into who could drive.
but can it take a seagull hit on a runway at 180+ mph!?!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 PM

I believe Car and Driver rated the Evo's (not the 08) at around 13.1 1/4. I ran into one a few years ago and had a hell of a time staying in front.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:34 AM

lt1 to evo8 owner

I love the lt1 but the evo is a better car overall

Quick Reply: 07 evo mr spanked me