Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

urgent 96 brake help needed

Old 06-22-2015, 04:28 PM

urgent 96 brake help needed

need some advice on brake issues and yes ive read post after post on this..heres therun down...
replaced my front calipers and relocated my tcs unit when my car was down for repairs so i had it towed to my school where i have access to a lift and tech 2 scanner...
after bleeding my brakes i had no peddle (sunk to floor) and i discovered the mc was leaking....now keep in mind all calipers were bleeding..
ordered a new duralast mc from azone...
bench bled ( now when i did this it came with bleededs that didnt thread into the bore but instead was a needle point type that just pushes into the fluid upening....when i bench bled the piston would not return all the way back and it didnt seem as if the rear port had very significant flow comming from it )

installed new mc rebled,,,,,not much again came from the rear bleeders (when i open the bleeders the flow is low and the peddle only drops halfway and is solid like a brick is under the peddle...

retried several methods of manual bleeding from many sources ( haynes.alldata.shopkey. actual 96 service manual) nothing at all changed ....i cycled the abs and tcs multiple times with nothing changing in the back brakes....even took it up to 50+ several times and slammed the brakes...norear brakes are working....

now my gut tells me this is an issue with the new mc since brakes bled good with the leaking mc but new one will not and that was the only variance in the equation

whats everyone opinion try rebleeding mc and system more ( maybe more air in the system) replace the new mc and try a diff...or something else wrong
Old 06-23-2015, 03:08 PM

Re: urgent 96 brake help needed

If the new mc did not bench bleed correctly, I would have gotten another one.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:11 PM

Re: urgent 96 brake help needed

ive replaced and rebled the master cylinder .....it appears to be an isuue with the combination valve activating and shutting off the flow to the rears.....
i can manually slide the needle valve back to center but as soon as i try to do anything with the rear brakes it slides right back over...

ill be away from the car for the next week but when i get back to it im starting over from the beginning right at the booster and mc ( replacing my booster under warrenty just to make sure ) and rebleeding everything 1 part at a time till i get to the rears to make sure i have flow b4 doing a whole system bleed again.