Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Traction problems at the track...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Traction problems at the track...

The last couple of times i have been to the track i have had the same problem with traction...my lauch is the same as always, minimal tire spin if any...but i discovered a new problem...when the car shifts from 1st to 2nd (its an A4) the rear tires break loose and i lose traction, casing the *** end to swing a out...last time i almost lost it when this happened ....

So what could be problem?? let me tell you how the car is set up...40 psi front tires, 20 in the rears (BFG g-force sports), no back seats, no spare tire, no jack etc...So what is causing me to lose traction to badly??? Shocks?? Lower control arms?? Panhard bar???

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:42 AM

Re: Traction problems at the track...

Tires and learn how to control it when it breaks loose in 2nd. Mine does it everytime since I put a shift kit in it and its just something you have to deal with until you get some sticky tires. Some LCA's and a Panhard bar will help staighten her out when the break loose too!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 AM

Re: Traction problems at the track...

if you don't have LCA's, get some and then get the LCA lowering brackets with it. This will help hook up and control it better. I recommend rodded LCA's

Also consider a rod ended Torq Arm (which I happen to be selling in the classified section, sorry for the plug). This will take the flex out of the stock torq arm and enable your rear end to stay put (no rotation downward) when massive torq is applied.

Finally consider getting your car dyno'd. Knowing when and where you make your HP and TQ is important. Then have your tranny shifts setup for your application.