Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Suspension problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 06:22 AM

Suspension problem?

Over the past week or so I have been having quite a bit of problems with my car. Anywhere from a nasty rubbing noise when I'm pulling out and moving, to slipping around right turns, feeling almost like the wheel isn't on the pavement when I go around them. I honestly don't have a clue what's going on, so I sent it over to my brother's house for him to fix it. I tried asking other messageboards like Semb Muscle Car Club, but the only responses I had received were from the more condescending members of the board. They all lean strongly towards the fact that torque is causing the problem... and I disagree completely. The car has had torque all along, it just hasn't been slipping. And as far as I know or understand for torque to be into play I would have to be accelerating around a turn for it to cause that problem. I do not accelerate and still have this problem.

Yesterday was the day that I took it out to be positive of what it was going on before I took it to him. Does anyone have any idea? I'd even be willing to let someone in my area drive it to see what they think. I am becoming disheartened hearing people say over and over that it is a torque problem. It isn't the first car that I've owned with 250+ horsepower or torque for that matter. Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone who replies.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 AM

Re: Suspension problem?

Nope, no torque problem there. Sounds like something in the rear suspension isn't keeping your tires on the ground. I would probably guess it has to do with the rear passenger side of the car, maybe a broken shock or your LCA has come lose. You don't have added traction issues going in a straight line? Like increased wheel hoop or anything? Make sure your swaybar endlink is still in tact also.