Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Slp line lock problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:53 PM

Slp line lock problem?

Installed an slp line lock last year before i did anything else. The brakes were great until after i installed it.
Now they have normal pedal travel for a few inches then it's hard as a rock, like there is no power booster. (Wires are currently unhooked, same issue)

what are the chances the line lock is the issue?
Old 08-17-2017, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Slp line lock problem?

Kinda sounds like the line lock is stuck in the "locked" position. If that's the case, you could press as hard as you want on the pedal and the front wheels could still rotate. Grab a buddy, get the front off the ground, and verify.

If that's the case, double check your wiring. If everything checks out, then it's probably a bad solenoid.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:04 PM

Re: Slp line lock problem?

I haven't done what u suggested yet but i changed all the brakes, made sure all the sliders were not frozen.
I believe the booster is good as it didnt do it before hand and it works to a point when the vacuum builds up.
It always gets hard at the same point but works good up until the pedal travels a few inches. I know im not hitting the floor etc.
Monday goibg to my buddies we are gonna use a scanner to pulse the abs to bleed it out see if that works if not gonna bypass the solenoid.