Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Roll Bar Install - Trouble w/Interior parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 AM

Roll Bar Install - Trouble w/Interior parts?

I'm having a 6-pt Wolfe Bar installed on Friday. I've gutted the whole car but I have some concerns if I'm going to have any problems reinstalling the headliner and the rear sail fins (the large plastic panels onthe sides of the back seat.

Anyone just wanna put my fears to rest and tell me that there's nothing to worry about? Any tips/tricks to ensure no issues?

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:06 AM

Re: Roll Bar Install - Trouble w/Interior parts?

Originally posted by ElevensOrBust
I'm having a 6-pt Wolfe Bar installed on Friday. I've gutted the whole car but I have some concerns if I'm going to have any problems reinstalling the headliner and the rear sail fins (the large plastic panels onthe sides of the back seat.

Anyone just wanna put my fears to rest and tell me that there's nothing to worry about? Any tips/tricks to ensure no issues?

Thanks.
Never took the headliner out. But the rest went back in ok.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:53 AM

It looks like the 2 rearmost bars are practically touching the headliner. How did you get them welded without burning it? Also, did you have to drop the plastic fuel lines that run along the drivers side? I'm guessing that when they weld the front of the door bar on the drivers side that the fuel lines are right below it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:40 AM

you want to remove everything. just measure the distance for the headliner so the bar is just below it. I put my back supports just to the inside so I didn't have to cut the rear plastic panels, only the carpet. if you put them in the panels you will have to cut the panels to fit. if you are very careful you can weld the plates with out removing the fuel lines just move them over. but for sure remove the fuel tank
Old 06-22-2004, 10:46 AM

Thanks. I had gutted everything (seats, interior panels, carper, headliner, gas tank, etc.) But then when I started measuring up the bar in the car, I started to get the feeling that the headliner would be a problem.

I'm going to give Wolfe a call and see what they recommend. Removing/installing the headliner is easy but because it's soooo fragile, I'm worried about moving around too much.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:56 PM

I haven't seen the wolfe cage but the 10 point from jegs that I installed I just cut off to the the right height. When I pulled my header panel out I hung it on the wall out of the way until I was ready for it