Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rear LCA Relo Brackets w/o Lowered Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM

Rear LCA Relo Brackets w/o Lowered Springs

Anybody install the relocation brackets for the rear LCAs without having lowered springs? I don't plan to lower my car, but would like to get some better traction. I've added BMR boxed LCAs, but from what I see, it looks like the LCAs go UP towards the rear of the car. Meaning, the side mounted to the chassis is lower than the side mounted to the rear axle. Seems like I would get better traction if the rear was mounted lower.

Also, do relocation brackets works with non-adjustable LCAs?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 PM

Re: Rear LCA Relo Brackets w/o Lowered Springs

I don't think you're car has to be lowered to use the relo brackets,they will keep your car from "squatting" on acceleration & give you better traction off the line,although the "squat" the f-body has looks like it would give you more traction in reality it hurts you off the line.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM

Re: Rear LCA Relo Brackets w/o Lowered Springs

The re-location brackets will work without adjustable LCA's, but those are something you might want to consider also. The position of the LCA's should be lower at the housing than at the chassis. By adding the re-location brackets, you change the "Instant Center" of your car. This change usually results in a better hooking car with noticable improved 60' times at the track. There are typically two positions that you can choose to put your LCA's in, most people feel the lower setting is the most adventagous. If you are looking for a set of re-location brackets and/or lower control arms, try these guys: http://www.umiperformance.com/ I can't say enough nice things about them...HIGHLY recommend them!!! Ask for Ryan, tell him Todd recommended that you call.