Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

my suspension squeeks like crazy

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Banned

my suspension squeeks like crazy

my stock 1999 camaro SS suspension squeeks like crazy, every time you stop relativly quickly the whole car is squeeking and groaning from all four wheels, especially the rear ones. is there any way to get rid of this squeeking noise?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:56 PM

SFC's will get rid of a lot of squeeks.

Worn out shocks will squeek, too.

Right now I'm having trouble with just my rear sqeaking, but that's because I put in Spohn LCA's with poly bushings, so I need to grease them up.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 PM

sfc's wont get rid of the problem completely... my car's suspension groans when I go over a speed bump... front and rear make pretty much the same sound.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:51 AM

My whole rear suspension is sphericle rod ends and before they warm up they squeek awefully. I used ot have even more moans and groans and funny chirping sound coming from the top. Would you believe I have fun modding my car for less squeeks etc. I have soundproofed the entire cabin under the capeting and side panels with b-quiet xtreme. Mostly two layers. The BUSHINGS with squeek a lot. Get a bushing replacement kit and have your whole front suspension serviced and oiled. Replace the rear control arms and panhard rod with some racing adjustable ones. DOnt mind what they say about race only. it is bull. your car will never ride softly. buy the tough ones that dont bind up at all and get some stiff sway bars and your cars suspension travel will be awesome. I know how these things work trust me.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:58 AM

My cars suspension squeeks loud even when I just go to sit in it. Will a lube and oil job cure that?
Old 04-10-2004, 03:44 AM

My car too. Drives me friggin NUTZ. If I'm driving down the street with the windows down and i go over some rough street or even just a street with a lil bumps it squeeks like crazy!! Its embarrasing. Thats why I run loud exhaust so people cant hear my car squeek.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:38 PM

Thumbs down

these cars squeek no matter what. to try to stop the squeeks I did this:

1.replaced entire rear suspension with new pshericle rod ends,

2. Oiled everything under the car that moves,

3.Sound proofed the entire passenger cabin top to bottom with be-quiet extreme

4.installed
- Slot Car racing Subframe connectors welded from frame to frame and all along underneath the car.
- BMR STB
- WOLFES Rollcages bolt in convertible roll bar

the car still squeeks a lot but I would say 40% of the funky squeeks have subsided with more to route out and fix. I think this car is allways going to have a few creaks and squeeks to deal with. I just tell people that its a race car and thats the price you pay for a muscle car.