Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Koni adjustables worth it?!---

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:23 PM

Lightbulb Koni adjustables worth it?!---

I have a 67 RS that I was about to put new shocks on all the way around. Right now I sit on eibach 2" lowering springs in the front (with stock monroe shocks), and competition engineering rear relocation brackets in the rear ( with off brand air shocks ). I was thinking KONI adjustables so I can set the front up higher if I need to clear the tires?! How much height is adjustable?! Is the ride decent?! If you have another brand you want to suggest let me know. THANKS !!! ---
Old 04-08-2006, 11:17 PM

Re: Koni adjustables worth it?!---

The Koni SA's have adjustable rebound valving and the fronts have a second spring perch which lets you lower the front. The DA's have adjustable rebound and compression but do not have a second perch. If these are not the shocks you're looking at then I'm not sure of the details.

The minimum compressed shock height is dependent upon the length of the shock body. If you lower the front too much and find you don't have enough travel, you can have them shortened, but you'll probably need to order them direct from Koni NA. If they won't do it, then ship them to some place that will (True Choice, for example).

Adjustability has its pros and cons. If you know you'll take the time to set them correctly and won't grow impatient with it, then it's a good avenue. If that doesn't interest you, then it's wasted money. How they ride is dependent upon how you set the rebound/compression settings.

If you want adjustable coilovers, consider a set from Ground Control. They make threaded sleeves which fit over multiple brands of shocks. You'll need to call them for details, though.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Re: Koni adjustables worth it?!---

I had ground control on my 92 Acura Legend, and actually enjoyed them, thanks for the help!!! ---