Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Just ordered:LCA, trans mount, TA bushing. Will they help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 PM

Just ordered:LCA, trans mount, TA bushing. Will they help?

Last night I was hearing/feeling a very loud thumping when giving more than half throttle, and between shifts/down shifting. I always heard of the trans mount going bad on the autos, but never had any problems with them in the past with my old car (M6). I get on here to search and see if thats what the problem was most likely, so i ordered a poly trans mount. When i was at it i went ahead and ordered a Torque arm bushing, read a few places they actually did help, and it was pretty cheap. I also got a set of bmr tubular lower control arms with poly/poly ends. There were choices of ruber/poly, and i randomly chose the poly/poly. Also, i just went ahead and got the non adjustable seeing how most everyone says the adjustables are kind of useless unless you want to move your axle. Mine is fine where its at. Was this the correct choice of ends or not? Anyways, I was wanting to see if these three things with help me hook up. Give me your opinion, rate them on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best, on how much of an improvement they will give me on hooking up in your opinion, and whats next suspension wise. The car is basically stock, with 3.73's, TB bypass and shift kit, 17x11's in the rear with 315's. Im hoping to minimize wheel spin.

Are pan hard rods worth it? I dont see myself spending the money on a torque arm unless i mangle mine. How much of a difference will relo brackets make with stock ride height? SFC's will be coming before long, as money rolls in.