Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Breaking Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 09:38 AM

Breaking Shocks

Hey everyone, I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I figured I would ask. Does anyone keep breaking their rear shocks at the lower mount? I currently have Monroe shocks on the back and I know they aren't the best choice, but why would they snap on the bottom where they bolt up to the axle? The driver side broke once and yesterday the pass. side broke. They're free shocks, but still, it's not like I enjoy crawling on the ground to change them.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 04-04-2005, 01:03 PM

Re: Breaking Shocks

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Hey everyone, I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I figured I would ask. Does anyone keep breaking their rear shocks at the lower mount? I currently have Monroe shocks on the back and I know they aren't the best choice, but why would they snap on the bottom where they bolt up to the axle? The driver side broke once and yesterday the pass. side broke. They're free shocks, but still, it's not like I enjoy crawling on the ground to change them.

Thanks,
Anthony
Are your rear bump stops still in place and in good shape? If not then the shocks might be bottoming internaly and breaking their lower mount. I had to replace mine, they had rotted away at 90k miles.

The other option is that the rear shocks are junk or monroe is building them too short internally.

Z28