Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Best SFCs

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Best SFCs

I want weld in SFCs... but I am not completely sure about the differences between Boxed and Tubular? I just want a great purchase here, not looking to cut corners. I hear the 3 point SFCs are definitely better, but are harder to install and some other disadvantages? I am not sure what they are, but I remember reading something.

I heard the 2 point SFCs are good, easy to install, and cheaper...

I did a search, for "Best SFC" and couldn't an answer I was really looking for. Sorry if this question is repeated constantly
Old 01-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Re: Best SFCs

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
I want weld in SFCs... but I am not completely sure about the differences between Boxed and Tubular? I just want a great purchase here, not looking to cut corners. I hear the 3 point SFCs are definitely better, but are harder to install and some other disadvantages? I am not sure what they are, but I remember reading something.

I heard the 2 point SFCs are good, easy to install, and cheaper...

I did a search, for "Best SFC" and couldn't an answer I was really looking for. Sorry if this question is repeated constantly
SLP and Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs are teh best ones for structural integrity , but some ppl have clearance issues with LT headers

Some would say that Sphon would be the best for suspension/chasis parts but BMR and others are good as well

Which one do I choose? - While you can't go wrong with either design, use the following to determine your order: If strength is your number one priority, choose the boxed design. Boxed tubing is torsionally stronger than round tubing however you will lose approximately 3/4" of ground clearance when using this style. If your car is lowered and ground clearance is the prime concern, go with the tubular model. While round tubing is not as strong torsionally, there are other features to these subframe connectors that make them more rigid than most other tubular models available. - BMR website
Old 01-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Slp
Old 01-22-2006, 04:07 PM

I've always been partial to the Spohn lineup.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:38 PM

AFAIK Kenny Brown is out of business. I went to buy some last week, and was told this by LMPerformance and a couple others. I had a hell of a time finding someone that still had a set in stock for my vert, but finally did. Their site is still up, but if you call them the phone is disconnected.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:41 PM

So I guess I should go round tubing since I want to lower the car in the rear and already have LT's?

I guess this also waves bye bye to the KB DD SFCs?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Look around & call to see if you can find them in stock. I found them at Thunder Racing in Louisiana.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:30 PM

i got a set of moroso bolt ins and welded the reason becouse they are boxed and run along the inside of the drip rail you cant even see them unless you are under the car you might wanna check them out just a sug
Old 01-22-2006, 06:15 PM

So I guess I should go round tubing since I want to lower the car in the rear and already have LT's?

I guess this also waves bye bye to the KB DD SFCs?
With LTs and lowering ur car, ur exhaust will hit first. So i really dont think u will have to worry about it.

besides i have boxed on mine, i didnt really lose much at all and there are other parts that hang alot lower than the SFCs

thanks for the headsup on KB
Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 PM

So then if my exhaust will hit first... what do you guys recommend as a quality and good piece? I was looking at the BMR Boxed SFCs... I know this question is a bit vague but just don't want to invest in something when I could have had something better.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 PM

I just ordered a set of Hotchkis SFC's today off of Tbyrne Motorsports. They are the weld in kind and were fairly cheap compared to the others ($210). Anyone have some of these installed and can give some feedback?
Old 01-23-2006, 03:30 AM

So then if my exhaust will hit first... what do you guys recommend as a quality and good piece? I was looking at the BMR Boxed SFCs... I know this question is a bit vague but just don't want to invest in something when I could have had something better.
ive never had a problem with any of my BMR stuff, the prices are fair, u get and assortment of colors, and the quality is top knotch. Most of my post are about BMR but im not trying to get u to buy, but they are my only experience in suspension parts for the moment.

Like i already mention most ppls favs on here is Spohn and they tend to stick with it
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM

I just had BMR's tubular (powder coated Silver) SFC's installed on Friday. Should have done it a long time ago. Every rattle/odd noise that was bugging me is now gone. Handles better as well. The tubulars fit very well with no clearance issues. I also have BMR's STB. For the quality and price I don't think you will have any complaints with BMR.

Hello everyone. I'm a new guy by the way.