Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Another brake thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Another brake thread...

Guys,

I'm a long time member, haven't posted in a very, very long time but I need your help. PLEASE, don't tell me to 'do a search' - I really would like to get some advice - like I said - I am a member from long time ago.

Here is the deal: I still have my 95 A4 Z28, 65,000 original miles on it. Yes, the LT1 has never had it's OptiSpark changed and it works flawlessly.

My question: the rear pads are shot. I've replaced them before with original GM pads but this time I need a set of rotors as well as pads. Guys, what is your pick? EBC pads/rotors? Is there something else that would work well? I don't want to go with GM stuff, I'd be willing to bet money there are much better choices out there. This is why I ask.

I drive my Z28 very seldom - I don't put many miles on her. The front brakes have been replaced with vented and slotted rotors and some POS pads. The rotors are cherry but the pads are absoloute crap. They are way too hard. I realize one of the 4th gen shortcomings are brakes but I really don't want to go about changing all that stuff. Having said that, what front pads do you guys recommend these days?

I realize there is a wealth of information here, please guys: some info would be highly appreciated!

regards,
joe
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 AM

You may want a rotor&pads combo match well, in performance and durabilty terms.
It's commendable to purchase a rotors& brake pads combo. Search please with our sponsors.
Now, for street use mainly and track ocasionally, I've read the Hawk HPS Brake Pads are excellent. My TA has installed and I'm pleased with them. However I suggest you to ask your rotors manufacturer if they will march.

dochidalgo