Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

About to lower my car..anything else I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:36 AM

About to lower my car..anything else I need?

Well I just received my eibach pro kit springs and bilstein shocks. The springs and shocks on my car right now are original (120,000 miles) and they need to be replaced. Anyways is there anything else that will need to be replaced or upgraded to go along with the springs and shocks?
Old 02-17-2005, 11:47 AM

Re: About to lower my car..anything else I need?

Lower control arms with relocation brackets, rear and front sway bars, subframe connectors, panhard bar adj., and a torque arm. You dont really "need" them but they work well all together.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM

I have the same setup, eibach spring and bilstein shocks. I hate the ride, if I could do it differently I wouldn't use eibach springs with the bilsteins...maybe some revalved bilsteins. My car feels awful when driving on a not so well paved road, like its about to break into pieces. Please let me know how your ride is after the install. Oh and I would change the bushings on other suspension components as well.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:59 PM

Watch out for the bushings in the upper shock mount on the fronts. Those are often in bad shape. I was able to reuse mine.

Good luck with the nut on the top of the shock.

Also do a search for Sam Strano's number, he is the f-body suspension guru. Give him a call, and he'll tell you ehat the bes overall setups will be.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Good luck with the nut on the top of the shock.
yes, Air too will make life easier, that shock sucks. Good luck.

As for the others, if you take off the sway bar endlinks, good chance you will break them and need new ones. So at least be prepared for that. There only like $5 for crapy ones at AutoZone.

I loved the Prokit on my car, good "agressive stock" look. But I didn't have the bilsteins.

that one side will be rusty, mabey put some rust stopper/prime/paint that part. But that's a lot more than most people will do.

OHH, almost forgot, you'll need the torque's tool for the bolts under the Master cylinder, you will have to take the master cyl. loose to get to them. And if you need to popular front brake alan the get the calipers off.
have fun..let us see some pics when its done.