Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Walbro fuel pump GP anyone ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 PM

Walbro fuel pump GP anyone ????

Is there a group purchase for Walbro 255 or 340 pumps going on anywhere ? Who else is interested in a GP ?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Re: Walbro fuel pump GP anyone ????

Originally Posted by 94heritageZ
Is there a group purchase for Walbro 255 or 340 pumps going on anywhere ? Who else is interested in a GP ?
I'd be interested in the complete Racetronix kit.

Later,

Steve.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:21 PM

I would be in on 1
Old 03-29-2005, 10:05 PM

I could use a bigger fuel pump
Old 03-29-2005, 11:43 PM

You guys just missed a sale Thunder Racing had a couple weeks ago on Racetronix f-body fuel pump systems....
Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 AM

Do you guys sell just the flexible "kink free" hose with fitting on the end that attaches to the pump/bucket? Mine's shot and I need a new one... Tried to find the GM # for it and I cant.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Geoff Chadwick
Do you guys sell just the flexible "kink free" hose with fitting on the end that attaches to the pump/bucket? Mine's shot and I need a new one... Tried to find the GM # for it and I cant.
Sorry we do not sell these parts.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 PM

We just finished the direct fit LT1 pump kit and the LS1 kit is 95% done. These kits have all the fittings and connections including the connection for the jet pump (venturi feed) on LS1 cars. We are finishing up the install instructions for the LT1 now and will put those on special when we do. LS1's as soon as they are done. "hot wire harnesses" are in production as well.
We have plenty of the plastic "kink free" hoses and would be happy to sell you one. Which fitting are you after? The plastic one that goes into the hose and connects to the hangar?
Mike Licht
586 790 4406
Full Throttle Speed

Last edited by Full Throttle Speed; 03-30-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Mike,

Is this info on your site? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Steve.

Originally Posted by Full Throttle Speed
We just finished the direct fit LT1 pump kit and the LS1 kit is 95% done. These kits have all the fittings and connections including the connection for the jet pump (venturi feed) on LS1 cars. We are finishing up the install instructions for the LT1 now and will put those on special when we do. LS1's as soon as they are done. "hot wire harnesses" are in production as well.
We have plenty of the plastic "kink free" hoses and would be happy to sell you one. Which fitting are you after? The plastic one that goes into the hose and connects to the hangar?
Mike Licht
586 790 4406
Full Throttle Speed
Old 03-30-2005, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by RBE17
Mike,

Is this info on your site? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Steve.
For a product that is currently available and proven in thousands of vehicles please see our ad here:

http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix..._Pump_Kit.html

There are many dealers who stock this item and are also able to provide experienced professional support and installation of our products.

Please see our web page for dealers.

www.racetronix.com
Old 03-30-2005, 10:15 PM

Mike,
Where can we find details on the kit, price, etc.?

With the Racetronix kit, do you have to use the fuel pump that comes with the kit, I know you can buy the wiring harness by itself...but what are the advantages of using your pump. I have already committed to buying a buddies walboro 255 that is brand new.

John

Last edited by pennys58; 03-30-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by pennys58
With the Racetronix kit, do you have to use the fuel pump that comes with the kit, I know you can buy the wiring harness by itself...but what are the advantages of using your pump. I have already committed to buying a buddies walboro 255 that is brand new.
John
An off-the-shelf Walbro pump can not be substituted for our pump. The advantages of our pump assembly are:

"The LT1 F-body cars have a pump that is inside a plastic fill-bucket. The fill-bucket's inlet and check-valve system in combination with the fuel pump are designed to draw fuel from the bottom of the tank via suction. This keeps the bucket full at all times and the pump fully immersed in fuel regardless of the tank level so that when the tank is low on gas and you are doing some hard cornering or acceleration the pump does not run dry and start aerating (air bubbles) the fuel. This happens as the fuel sloshes from side to side in the tank leaving the center low on fuel. The F-LT1 cars have minimal to no baffling in them. This can cause detonation and possible engine damage. The bucket also allows the car to operate with lower fuel levels in the tank due to its scavenging effect. The bucket can also effect motor cranking time as the priming time is reduced under certain conditions. The return line from the fuel pressure regulator is diverted back into the bucket via a filter sock inside so that the unused fuel also helps keep the bucket full at all times. Keeping the pump constantly immersed in gas within the bucket can extend the pump's life by not allowing it to be exposed to open air. Open air within the tank contains moisture and in time will cause the pump to rust / seize up especially if left to sit for long periods of time without the tank topped-up (i.e. winter storage). The Racetronix pump assembly is modified so that it will seal in the bucket’s rubber check-valve so that its function is retained. The Racetronix pump assembly is fitted with a factory style fuel tube not a rubber hose. This hose is important as when the fuel module is placed back in the tank it must pivot which can cause the rubber hose to kink. This fuel tube is much more resistant to the solvents in today’s gas and it will not crack, split, swell and collapse like a rubber hose. The standard Walbro kit comes with a short length of 50PSIA rated rubber hose. The Racetronix fuel module is equipped with a one-piece soldered wiring harness made from mil spec. 14 gauge Teflon/silver wire. (upgraded from the factory's 16 gauge unsoldered harness) This is the same type of wire used at the factory as Teflon is the most resistant to deterioration when exposed to gas. This harness has a Walbro connector at one end and GM pins at the other which fit directly inside the factory connector. Due to the age of the F-LT1 cars much of the in-tank connectors are black / corroded due to age. The Racetronix harness replaces all these questionable components. The standard Walbro kit comes with a plastic coated in-line wiring adapter. This adapter must plug into the existing questionable factory in-tank wiring thereby adding additional connections and length."

For more information please see our ad:
http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix..._Pump_Kit.html

We will see if one of our dealers who sponsors this forum is willing to run a special. Thunder Racing and Combination both sponsor this forum and are Racetronix dealers.

Last edited by Racetronix; 03-30-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:06 AM

That would be awesome...cash in hand!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Randy Molkentine
That would be awesome...cash in hand!
Same here!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:34 PM

If we can get a response sooner than later, I've got the money in hand.

Quick Reply: Walbro fuel pump GP anyone ????