Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Trying to set up a pac beehive spring group sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 PM

Trying to set up a pac beehive spring group sale

I have never set up a group by. But it looks like a lot of people are going to need springs due to their comps breaking a sending an e-mail pac who is the original makers of the beehive springs that comp used that workouts so good so many years before they changed companies in o6 here's a link they had to beehives 1218 and 1518 the 1518 is an upgraded beehive which should last longer if we can buy.10 cents the 1218 are only $100 for a set. The 1518 are 170 something. I'm waiting for an e-mail from them to see if we can get them send in different directions and how we would set this up I gave them a link to this thread so post if you're interested I'm not really sure how to set this up so if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I am looking at getting 3 sets of the 1518 or maybe4 sets of the 1218
thank you
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 PM

I'd be in for 3 sets of the 1518's if we can get 10+ sets total in the GP.
If they can't ship the 10+ sets to a couple of different addresses, I could have everyone paypal me the money, once all received I'd order all of them then ship them out separately to each person...I'd say it would be around a total of $185-190 a set for the 1518s including shipping...maybe a few bucks more to cover all the separate shipping from me.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:05 PM

The company should be posting here on this link to explain the differences in the two springs 1218 and 1518 and letting us know how to go about the group by and if they'll separate the shipments I sent them to different e-mails so hopefully they post by Monday just make sure you get request in so they can see how many people are interested in.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 PM

I'd be interested in a set.. if this moves along quickly..

As far as the differences between the 1218 and 1518, looks like the 15's are nitrided, which is a type of heat treatment of the springs which creates a case hardened surface... results in better fatigue properties and probably higher strength allowables.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:21 AM

I see that the 518's are nitrided but i dont know really how this will benefit me. My spec wont be over .600 lift when i am done and i want the car to be a DD dependable. SO would it be worth it to go with the 518's?? or would the 218's be ok. I honestly dont know and i dont want to go overkill. Also would these fit a sbc? if so i would be in for 2 sets

Last edited by MK-Z28; 06-17-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Advanced Member

I'd be down for a set. I mean with the Beehives on the car now I won't be goign anywhere.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 AM

On the 1518 Springs they're the same spring just treated a different way here's a quote from Brett when I asked about how long I would get out of a set of beehives installed with a le2.2 and I forgot he said 15,00 to 20,000 but Lloyd said 30,000 but they did say you could probably get more and people are getting on with their only tested and recommended for the above that's what I got out of what he said. I'm not taking a chance these 1518 are the same price as the regular beehives at comp. When we get them for this price you should have no problem with these better springs I would think what is your set up anyway came wise and left here's the quote from Brett from an e-mail he sent me

[ I have two versions of the PAC beehives that drop right in, the first is the standard 26918 replacement which is what Lloyd and I use on everything now. The second is the same spring with some extra processing to the spring wire prior to winding that is used in endurance racing applications for even longer life, it makes the springs cost more but it makes the springs live even longer than the 15,000-20,000 miles, maybe 30,000 miles or more, no clue on the durability testing of them since the manufacture hasn't even found the limit for them yet. ] They're probably not using these Springs because there and asked her like hundred and 150 or more they list for alike 326 and we should be able to get them for 180 big difference and on your car they'll last a lot longer I'm hoping to hear from pac on Monday . They also have a link here and should be posting here on Monday to explain the difference
Old 06-17-2007, 11:52 AM

2 sets of 1518's please.
-b
Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for all the interest in our springs. I hate that that you have had trouble but hopefully we can get things straightened out and better than ever. First, a little about PAC Racing Springs. We have been producing HP springs for several decades but always behind the scenes. You may have heard of PACaloy springs and the PAC in that is us. We are the second largest spring maker in the US and use the HP spring effort as the R&D center for the OEM world. We use our Spintron, fatigue testers and metallurgical labs to develop and understand what makes the spring work. Myself and the many others in our HP area race and are deeply commited to providing the best springs for all the engines.

The beehive springs have been around for a very long time but we did help bring it to the forefront with Comp Cams several years ago. We had a great run up until about 1.5 years ago when Comp and us went our seperate ways. That's when we started PAC Racing Spring to continue to offer the same successful springs from the same place. There is so much to the material, design and processing that is very subtle with a spring that seperates a good spring from bad. The PAC-1218 is the same blue stripe 26918 that we made for years. It is produced from the best quality valve spring wire that we can find, Kobe in Japan and processed as it always has been by the same people.

The PAC-1518 is a natural upgrade that we are making for the guys that want to push the beehive further. It is made from an upgraded material that is used in NASCAR springs and nitrided. The nitrided greatly enhances the life of the spring. Lastly we enhance the surface with a version of nano-peening process. This greatly enhances the life of spring and allows the use of more aggressive cams.

We also have the PAC-1221 dual spring that is just like the old Comp 26921. I still think the beehive is the best for anything up to 0.600 lift and 0.650 needs a dual but our PAC-1518 will work up to that point.

I know you are looking to get a group buy from us but we cannot manage the logistics of that. I do believe that we offer extremely competitive pricing on these springs and really good if you get the 5 or 10 sets. We are starting our web store and that offers a 10% reduction on top of everything else right now if you go through that to order parts.

Again, thanks for the interest and are here to help with all your valvespring needs.

Chris Osborn
Valve Spring Engineer
PAC Racing Springs
1-866-799-9417
www.RacingSprings.com
Old 06-17-2007, 01:13 PM

Thank You Chris for your very informative writeup and explanation! Hopefully that sets the record straight with all the fiasco that is currently going on concerning the Comp stuff.

Ok, sounds like PAC can't do the sending out to different locations for the 10 sets.
I'd be happy to be the point person to order 10+ sets and then ship them all out to everyone but there would have to be a "CUTOFF" at some point so I don't order then more people send money after the fact.

I'd say that if each person interested sent in $180 per set for the 1518s plus about $15 extra to cover shipping of the original order and the separate shipping for each person and Paypal charges I'd do it, I don't see this being more than 3 or 4 people since myself and Pat would be going for 3 sets each.

I would not order them until I have the 7 extra sets paid for since I'm getting 3 sets. I can take Paypal...

Let me know if you all that are interested want to do it this way for the 1518's. I'm not buying the 1218 so this would be for the 1518's only.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the info Chris. I have some 26918's that were bought on 1/3/06 w/ a batch # 29120. Could you tell me if these were made by you or not?

And I'm game 2Quik6 as long as Chris doesn't mind.
-b
Old 06-17-2007, 08:42 PM

Will the 1518's still work with the 26918 retainers and locks ? If so count me in for a set of 1518's .
Old 06-17-2007, 08:45 PM

bdc95ta - that batch code looks like one we use. That would be the last one we sent to them. Actually, I am impressed they have the batch code on them. You should be in good shape the=n.

As far as the fit of the PAC-1218 and PAC-1518 springs everything is dimensionally the same as the Comp 26918 just different material and processing.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Old 06-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2QUIK6
Thank You Chris for your very informative writeup and explanation! Hopefully that sets the record straight with all the fiasco that is currently going on concerning the Comp stuff.

Ok, sounds like PAC can't do the sending out to different locations for the 10 sets.
I'd be happy to be the point person to order 10+ sets and then ship them all out to everyone but there would have to be a "CUTOFF" at some point so I don't order then more people send money after the fact.

I'd say that if each person interested sent in $180 per set for the 1518s plus about $15 extra to cover shipping of the original order and the separate shipping for each person and Paypal charges I'd do it, I don't see this being more than 3 or 4 people since myself and Pat would be going for 3 sets each.

I would not order them until I have the 7 extra sets paid for since I'm getting 3 sets. I can take Paypal...

Let me know if you all that are interested want to do it this way for the 1518's. I'm not buying the 1218 so this would be for the 1518's only.
I am very interested but I need them soon, like by next Saturday. By the way guys, maybe we could talk to Bret about getting us a deal by ordering through him. I spoke with him this morning and he said something about having to make an order to PAC this week for another batch of springs....
Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Osborn
bdc95ta - that batch code looks like one we use. That would be the last one we sent to them. Actually, I am impressed they have the batch code on them. You should be in good shape the=n.

As far as the fit of the PAC-1218 and PAC-1518 springs everything is dimensionally the same as the Comp 26918 just different material and processing.

Hope this helps,
Chris

WOW Thanks for the fast reply Count me in for 1 set of 1518's Im losing sleep over this crap with Comp

Quick Reply: Trying to set up a pac beehive spring group sale