Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 12:28 PM

Re: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Bracket

Halleluhah, just got my set yesterday. They are fabulous! Thanks to Bob Bishop for his design and the resulting craftsmanship of the parts. Thanks to SpeedSpecialty for putting it all together and getting the parts delivered.

--James
Old 08-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Re: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Yup, received mine on Saturday.... very nice pieces. Just a few more parts and we'll she'll be ready to call pad fade a thing of the past (in my dialy driving routine anyway).
Old 08-03-2004, 07:17 PM

Re: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

OK. This is going to sound like a dump question, but i really do not have the time to read this 39 page variation of War and Peace to include angry people in black vans etc. etc.

Are there any more of these available or have i missed the train? Thanks for the info everyone.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:40 PM

nope. all gone for now.

Maybe Bob will break down next year and fab up a bracket for those trick C6 brakes... ... but for any reasonable timeframe these are all part of history now.

Sorry. Might want to try eBay... a few sets may turn up there, you never know.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by WS6Extreme
OK. This is going to sound like a dump question, but i really do not have the time to read this 39 page variation of War and Peace to include angry people in black vans etc. etc.

Are there any more of these available or have i missed the train? Thanks for the info everyone.
At last notice, they are all gone and he (Bob) doesn't plan on doing this again............

I MAY be selling my second set as it looks like my plans for the second car aren't going to come to fruition.........not positive, but perhaps.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:46 PM

Re: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Bracket

Why is this thread still alive?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:07 PM

because people keep asking questions.... any the GP only completed about 2 days ago.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:59 PM

anyone got pics of which knuckle to cut off on an ls1 spindle?
Old 08-04-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
anyone got pics of which knuckle to cut off on an ls1 spindle?
http://www.camarossworld.com/Technical/Brakes/C5/

I also want to take this time to thank everyone involved once again. All of the brackets have indeed been shipped (a few stes shipped a bit later because the destination could not be reached via FedEx). If you do not have then yet, you should very soon.

Just please make sure that the installation is done properly and carefully and thoroughly test your new bracks in a safe and controlled manner (like in a large empty parking lot) to ensure that there won't be any surprises in traffic.

Enjoy your new brakes!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedSpecialty
http://www.camarossworld.com/Technical/Brakes/C5/

I also want to take this time to thank everyone involved once again. All of the brackets have indeed been shipped (a few stes shipped a bit later because the destination could not be reached via FedEx). If you do not have then yet, you should very soon.

Just please make sure that the installation is done properly and carefully and thoroughly test your new bracks in a safe and controlled manner (like in a large empty parking lot) to ensure that there won't be any surprises in traffic.

Enjoy your new brakes!

This link says 96 and up. Is there any difference between 93 and up? I have a 93 would I have to do any thing different from the above link?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jasycZ28
This link says 96 and up. Is there any difference between 93 and up? I have a 93 would I have to do any thing different from the above link?
No, I think the 96+ is actually indicating the years an SS was available (Before 96 the only performance option was the Firehawk/Comp TA cars).

The knuckles themselves are one of 2 types:
1993 to 1997 cars (adffectionately known as LT1 knuckles, although they were identical to V6 knuckles as well)
1998 to 2002 cars (affectionately known as LS1 knuckles, using a similar PBR caliper as the C5 set up but with smaller 11.9" rotors).

Each knuckle type have different ears you need to saw off, but the rest of the knuckle is supposedly the same. Some autocross guys who try to max out camber claim they found an LS1 brake upgrade (using the LS1 knuckle) can get them an extra 0.5 or 1 degree camber, so there "might" be a slight difference if you swap, although it may just be bushings I don't know for sure. Nothing that an alignment wouldn't fix though.

With Bob's brackets you don't need an alignment at all... just cut and mount... no knuckle removal.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:44 PM

Sadly I must sell my 2nd set of brackets. I have received several emails/requests for me to sell them and since I am no longer getting my 2nd car at this point, I feel like I should allow someone else the opportunity to have/use these incredible pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7917540077
Old 08-24-2004, 09:11 AM

there are other people making brackets, search around and you can find him.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by pb1995
there are other people making brackets, search around and you can find him.

hehe
Old 08-24-2004, 05:35 PM

I think hyperspeed knows of someone

Quick Reply: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...