Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Beware supersport performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 12:59 AM

Angry Beware supersport performance

I have had some trouble with one of the supporting advertisers of this site and would like to bring it to the attention of the masses.

The site is Suppersport Performance.com

I recently went looking for an air lift kit and found this add at there site.

Air Lift Rear Spring Kit 82-01 Camaro

Engineered as an add-on helper spring for coil spring suspensions, AirLift are ideal for the rear coil springs of many passenger cars. It improves traction in drag racing, reduces body roll, sway and bottoming out as well as improving poor handling and braking. AirLift features an easy do-it-yourself installation with simple hand tools and takes aprox. an hour to perform. Kit includes air springs, air lines, brackets, fittings, mounting hardware and detailed instructions.

Using the Load Controller II system, you don't need to crawl under the car to inflate your air springs! Control the air pressure from the drivers seat to tailor your car's handling to current road conditions while driving. The Dual Gauge system allows you to control left and right air springs seperately and the single gauge version inflates both sprngs equally. Both kits come with an LPS to maintain at least minimum pressure in the springs at all times.

Air Lift Kit
82-01 Camaro, Z28 Load Controller II Load Controller II Single Gauge Dual Gauge
$79.99 $149.99 $219.99

It seemed like just what I wanted and the price was better than I could get localy, however when I receved the Load controler II I found that it did not include the air lift kit. If you read the discription it does not tell you that the kit is not included.

Nowhere in this add does it say that they are sold separately and it is listed in the same add as the kit.

I e-mailed them and got little help

There response was
We shipped you the EXACT product you had ordered, it was a complete package, nothing was missing, nothing was mis-represented, if you were unclear on what was included in the order you should have contacted us to avoid "any MIS-UNDERSTANDING". If you insist on returning it, there will be a 25% restocking fee, S&H is also non-refundable.

I responded back that I would respond on the camaroz28 board and there response was.

Cool, be sure to send a link this way.

Do you really want to do business with a company that treats customers this way.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:17 AM

Re: Beware supersport performance

Originally posted by Dart
Nowhere in this add does it say that they are sold separately and it is listed in the same add as the kit.
I don't see where it says it is in the same kit. You read it wrong. Why do you come here to complain about it? I'll bet a polite phone call would get you much further than trying to call them out there, which is something that the mods here hate. I can see that it sucks, but dealing with it here this way will clearly not get you anywhere.

Good luck, try calling them up.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:32 PM

holy crap, you are retarded!

it lists them as 3 seperate things to purchase..........you can either buy the

Air Lift Kit
OR
Single Gauge Load Controller II
OR
Dual Gauge Load Controller II

it doesnt say anything about the load controllers including the air lift kit, that is why it is listed seperatly.

YOU are the one who ASSumed it was included. you should have called for clarification before ordering.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:39 PM

Like BlackMetal mentioned, I'm sure the mods on this site wouldn't be too thrilled with a shoot out between us, but if people are going to be slandering us on a public forum I feel it's only right that we get a chance to defend ourselves.

As BlackMetal pointed out, it does not say the load controller contains the air bag kit. It is clearly stated on our sales policies page that we have a no-return policy unless it was clearly our fault. We treat our customers with the utmost courtesy, provided that we are treated the same way.

We received an order a few weeks ago from a customer with a 69 Camaro ordering one of our Bullett Aluminum radiators, the customer received the order and reported that it did not have the brackets to mount the radiator in his 69 Camaro and we had advertised it as a direct replacement. This was OUR fault, we were happy to arrange for UPS to pick up the package and offer him a 100% refund incl shipping.

We are the first to admit our mistakes, and as many of our customers will tell you, we do everything we can to resolve problems. But when you order a product and mis-understand the text on the website, then want to return it because a competitor sells it cheaper than we do - it just doesn't seem fair to demand a refund when the return ends up costing US money. We are NOT Summit Racing, we do not have unlimited funds to pay our warehouses restocking fees and shipping fees, so we stated on our sales policies page that if you are unsure about the product you are ordering, please contact our sales team before placing your order.

I told you, if you want to return it, there is a 25% restocking fee, this covers both shipping from us to the warehouse we used to ship you the Load Controller from, as well as the warehouses restocking fee, maybe we'll keep $3 bucks for ourselves to cover the paperwork.

I apologize to the moderators for having this dragged out onto the message boards as this is not a customer service forum, but we'd hate to have our name dragged through the dirt over something as trivial as this.

Mike
SuperSportPerformance.com
Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 PM

Just mark this as a lesson learned that you must read the description enough times to fully understand what you are ordering.

And if the price is clearly under the competitors' pricing, read it once more or call/email the company and verify.

Just cough up another 80 bucks and be done with it. Clearly your mistake. Customer is not always right...

If you are polite enough about the situation, I'm sure any company will work with you on the price or shipping charges, or something.

TS