Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

AP Engineering - groundbreaking news! Guaranteed engine delivery times!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 09:04 AM

AP Engineering - groundbreaking news! Guaranteed engine delivery times!

Most people know AP Engineering as being top-notch in late model GM engine building. However, as with any engine building shop, scheduled delivery times are usually difficult to adhere to. Supplier problems, machining issues, etc. can all add up to an engine being days or sometimes weeks late. While this does not compromise the quality and integrity of our engines, it has caused issues with our customers and the length of time between placing the order and having the engine shipped out.

Nobody likes to wait any longer than they have to, and we don't like to see unhappy customers. So in our case, we have determined that the machine shop we use caused the greatest delays in getting our engines out to the customers. Rather than simply accepting this as they way things go and passing the frustration on to our customers, AP Engineering has set out to remedy this issue buy purchasing nearly $100,000 of brand new state-of-the-art engine machining equipment to be able to do our own machining in house. This will essentially eliminate any delays we have experienced in the past with sending our engine blocks out to another company to have work performed on them. The machines are in our shop, being set up as I type this. Pics to come soon.

We are so confident that we will now be able to get our engines out on time that we will soon be instituting an unprecidented GUARANTEED delivery time on all of our engines that we build. What guarantee will we be offering? If your engine is late, it is free. That's right...FREE.

Beginning today Tuesday, September 7, 2004...When an engine (short block OR long block) is ordered from us, we will give you a guaranteed amount of time (from the point that a deposit is left) until we will ship your engine. Of course, lead times can and will change depending on the our work load and the amount of orders that we are currently working on, but if we do not provide you with a tracking number for your engine on or before the date we promised your engine to be shipped, you will get it for free. Shipping and all. No other company that we know of in our circle offers this type of guarantee. So not only are we known for building some of the highest quality engines in the industry, we will also be known for getting the engines out on time, which is something that we have had a difficult time with in the past.

Naturally there are some stipulations to this. For example, changes to your engine after the initial order is placed could cause additional delay time (depending on the situation) and may require us to determine a different delivery date. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Uncontrollable catastrophic events such as...oh, I dunno...a tornado hitting our shop can also change delivery dates. Also, this shipment guarantee only applies to short block and long block engines. In addition, once an engine is completed and shipped by the guaranteed date, the order may not be cancelled and the deposit or any other payments can not be refunded. Other similar conditions may apply, but only to protect ourselves from getting the short end of the stick when we meet our obligations of this guarantee. Should the case arise when the engine is late by fault of our own, we will bite the bullet and someone could get a free engine out of it. We are that dedicated to our customers and their satisfation.

To get your order started, give us a call at the shop!

We'd also like to take this time to thank all of our very loyal customers who have stuck with us while AP Engineering was growing and continues to grow. Thank you.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 AM

Re: AP Engineering - groundbreaking news! Guaranteed engine delivery times!

I sent an email regarding forged low compression 383 shortblock.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:39 AM

So where is the sale or GP?
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM

Does this mean that issues with previous customers like James Hogan have been resolved?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:06 PM
West South Central Moderator / Special Guest

Yea, I heard about that fiasco with Hogan. From what I last heard youll still owed him some coin!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Guy's here's the short and sweet of the James Hogan issue.

1.) We still have James intake. This is due to the fact that we have not recieved the funds from James bank. However, with that being said it does look like Jim was charged by his bank. We just found this out today.
2.) Jim was not ripped off. He has gotten everything that he has PAID for. We have the intake because he disputed his credit card payment, therefore we have not been paid for it. As soon as we are I will happily send it back to him via overnight at my expense and I will pick up the freight to have it sent back to us.
3.) Jim's engine was late, no doubt. We have apologized for this already. He still got a great quality engine and all of the parts he paid for with it. He was not ripped off!
4.) Jim was offered a solution to this problem. I offered to ship him the mainfold via overnight COD certified. This would guarantee him a manifold and us our $1700.00. Jim refused to do this.
5.) In the end I am saddened that it has come to this, as we like our customers to be happy and satisfied when they leave. The point is we have to be paid for products that leave our shop, with out payment we can not ship them. Jim has a right to be fustrated and pissed but it is his bank that is holding up the intake right now. No one from our CC company or his has been very helpful and this has led to some added fustration on both sides. As soon as we have the $1700 Jim's intake will be overnighted to him.

Hope that clears some of the stuff up.

The new engine guarantee keeps the delays from happening and happy customer coming back.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 08:12 PM

Ap - How much would you charge to build up my lt1 engine to a 396 stroker supercharged. Also a 12 bolt rearend - with labor and all.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by JordonMusser
Yea, I heard about that fiasco with Hogan. From what I last heard youll still owed him some coin!
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298849 He still is owed some coin. Refer to this post, or any of the many on Jim's website.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:22 AM

What kind of warranty do you have on your engines? I'd hate to think of a company rushing to build my block just so they get it shipped out on time.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:30 AM

Automotive performance engineering is a awesome place. -They actually know what there doing. These guys build some awesome cars. Next spring when it's time to take the car out of storage it's going right to them for perfomance my needs - Then watch out - z06/04 cobra Killarrrr