CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/supporting-vendor-group-purchases-sales-35/)
-   -   Anyone got there Mcleod street twin from Tbyrne (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/supporting-vendor-group-purchases-sales-35/anyone-got-there-mcleod-street-twin-tbyrne-247677/)

Turbo6 04-13-2004 08:33 PM

A month...that is nothing. Try ordering a set of AFR heads. I was TOLD that it would be six weeks when I ordered at the beginning of December. It ended up being 14 weeks...

wicked_95z 04-15-2004 07:35 PM

Finally got my clutch in tonight. Now I know why Mcleod charges $800- $1000. $500-700 worth of clutch and $200 worth of stickers. Holy Crap. Hope the wait was worth it

Naegash 04-16-2004 08:35 PM

Still haven't seen mine, I guess if it doesn't show up by Monday I'll go ahead and give Mcleod a call.

tbyrne 04-17-2004 09:35 AM

I was told that McLeod was finishing a bunch of clutches yesterday so they should be taking care of alot of our orders in the next few days.

Tom

INSANEZ 04-19-2004 03:46 PM

I got ahold of mcleod today on the first try and talked to les and he hooked me up with a fat deal straight through them. It was a little more than tybrne but included shipping and I will have no wait, it will be here by the middle of the week. Call them direct, it is easier. Peace

tbyrne 04-20-2004 08:31 AM

Call them direct, it is easier. Peace
Not all the time. We can usually get product out as fast as them if it is in stock here or sent from their location if we are out of stock. Hopefully they didn't put an order ahead of others that have been waiting for awhile.

Tom

tbyrne 04-20-2004 02:59 PM

I had someone check with McLeod. They will give an order priority if you pay an extra $100. on top of their regular retail + shipping. Didn't know they had that available.

wicked_95z 04-20-2004 08:58 PM

Figures Mcleod would have some BULLish like that. Nothing surprieses me about that company anymore. Jethot has fallen intot he same category as Mcleod as far as I'm concerned. What is it with these manufacturers? Are the so involved with making money that they forget about the consumer? I just dont understand anymore:(

Naegash 04-20-2004 09:27 PM

Hmm, as of today it's been a solid month since I placed my order with Tbyrne. I don't hold Tbyrne accountable in any way for Mcleod's actions. I'm really frustrated with Mcleod's "priority shipping" crap. That is the biggest load of trash I've ever heard.

wicked_95z 04-21-2004 08:42 PM

On a sort of side note but along the lines of lousy companies. My friend ordered a set of emissions legal Jet Hot longtubes. Waited about a month for them to finally get shipped and when they show up they were missing header bolts, no lockwashers of any kind provided and they werent emissions legal. I'm losing my mind dealing with these companies:mad:

Naegash 04-22-2004 07:59 PM

Finally got my clutch today. Looks to be in good order, all in one piece, all 64 lbs of it heh.

tbyrne 04-23-2004 10:19 AM

I'm losing my mind dealing with these companies
You should see what we go through! :(

Finally got my clutch today. Looks to be in good order, all in one piece, all 64 lbs of it heh.
Great! :)

wicked_95z 04-23-2004 08:26 PM

Yeah tbyrne, I would imagine you guys catch the brunt of alot of customers. But we do appreciate you guys help. MASC.com was pretty helpful too. They found out that jet hot sent us the emisions illegal headers instead of the emissions legal ones and they are finding egr block off plates and sending them to us for free. Those are the kind of companies I like dealing with. HELPFUL ONES!!! Thanks again Tbyrne

tbyrne 04-24-2004 10:56 AM

We're tortured at times and it goes on almost every week. The worst part is having to tell a customer that the part that was supposed to ship last weekend hasn't even been sent to us from the manufacturer yet. I know how it is to want the part in your hands as soon as you decide that you want to put it on the car so waiting isn't fun.

Dave88LX 04-30-2004 04:49 PM

I just called and spoke to Tbyrne today, they said the McLeod's are on backorder for ~3wks. Looks like I'll be doing a SPEC Stage III, Don't have 3 wks. :(