Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Anyone got there Mcleod street twin from Tbyrne

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:41 PM

Anyone got there Mcleod street twin from Tbyrne

First off I'm not jumping all over Tbyrne. I ordered a street twin through them back in March and they said that the clutches were on back order for master cylinders and floater disks and wouldnt be in until April 2. Cool NO problem. I must be driving Tbyrne nuts cause I've been calling them all week trying to find out if my clutch has been shipped but apparently Mcleod is impossible to get ahold of. Went on Mcleod's website tonight and none of the links seem to work as far as order status or online catalog. Is this the way Mcleod usually does business? Is something going on at Mcleod that I'm not aware of?
Old 04-08-2004, 11:46 PM

mcleod is a mother f'r to get ahold of someone there in person and there BS tracking system they got on there site is a joke
Old 04-09-2004, 05:42 AM

I have never had a problem getting ahold of them.. Depend's on what line you call them on really.. i guess.. I usually deal w/ either george or les there.. Great group of guys'... It is possible they are on back order.. as even if they are on sched. it still takes over 2 wks to get one made up anyway.. So.. Give it some time.. its only early april.. TByrne has never done me wrong and has alwyas got me my stuff on time..
Old 04-09-2004, 03:48 PM

Normally I would be in as much of a hurry except that my clutch is the only thing I'm waiting on to put my stroker in. Been waiting almost a year now and my patience is overcome by my excitement
Old 04-09-2004, 10:11 PM

Wow, that is really weird wicked. I am in the EXACT same situation as you. Waited almost a year for my stroker motor, and I'm am just waiting on my clutch from Tbyrne.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:54 PM

Did you order yours in the middle of March when they had that 10% off sale too? Going on a month now
Old 04-11-2004, 10:16 AM

i ordered on the march sale and i'm still waiting.Both times i called they said itll go out next week.3 weeks later next week has gotten old.Any info would be appreciated.points start next week at the track and i dont have a clutch.
thx
Old 04-11-2004, 08:01 PM

I ordered my clutch on March 24. So it looks like I haven't been waiting quite as long as you guys, but still that is still quite a while for one part. Combo gets me my stuff in 2 days everytime.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:13 PM

Tried calling Mcleod today and got nothing but a busy signal. This is not a very good first impression by this company. Is this how Mcleod normally does business? What's the deal Tbyrne? Unfortunately while you guys are not at fault you are the middle man and there are a few people waiting for this company to deliver. My self personally was told that the ackorder parts would be in on the 2nd and now its the 12th with no word. Someone said it takes two weeks to put one together but supposedly they were waintg on floater disks and master cylinder; they couldnt have had everything else ready for us? Need some kind of info here
Old 04-12-2004, 07:17 PM

Yea if you guys (Tbyrne) know anything about the status of my order, I would really appreciate some info. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:16 AM

Unfortunately none of the orders that we take are writen up with the customers screen name (only the real name) so I have no way of checking on any specific order. The best way to see how yours is doing is to give us a call or shoot an e-mail over to tbyrne@tbyrne.com. I know that we ran our of McLeod clutches here and have been waiting for a shipment while some others are going to ship directly from them.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-13-2004, 04:28 PM

I got in on the McLeod special last month but it took around 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:33 PM

I got in on the McLeod special last month but it took around 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:52 PM

I talked with Mcleod today and I talked to them 2 times in the past 2 weeks. I ordered on April 1st and every time I call McLeod they tell me another week. Today they told me 2 weeks more as a guess. Tybrne has been quite helpful whenever I call them, but McLeod is kind of sh*tty with how long it takes them to process an order.

I don't mind a week for a product. 2 weeks waiting for a custom part, thats fine. A month or more for anything? I'm not cool with that. My car (only car) is undriveable until I get a clutch to put in it. I ordered thinking it would be a week to two until I would have the clutch and accepted that knowing I would be getting a good product and that I would only have to do the clutch once. Unless something crazy happens, I've called and will be switching to a spec stage 3 or 4.

As for any other posters or readers, don't blame Tybrne for this as McLeod is the company that can't figure out how to get orders processed and shipped in a reasonable amount of time.

-Sean (Nick) Vent
Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 PM

I finally got through to Mcleod today and was told that my order was finally shipped on the 8th and should be here thursday. I asked about other backordered clutches and she said each individual would have to call with their zip code.

The part that really pi$$ed me off was she acted like it was a huge bother for me to be asking about my order. You'd think for $800-1000 they could at least be polite to you. Nothing but attitude. "We are really backed up and we are making them as fast as we can?" This better be the last clutch I'll ever have to buy cause I'll be damned if I deal with Mcleod again.

Maybe Cartek has better customer service?

Did you get any attitude tireburnin?

Quick Reply: Anyone got there Mcleod street twin from Tbyrne