South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Well, here's my new ride(pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 06:18 AM

Well, here's my new ride(pics!)

http://community.webshots.com/user/camride

Picked it up on sunday. Got a really good deal on it too, $5,000 for a 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R with only 2900 miles, never been laid down, not a scratch on it. It's bright metallic yellow(called Pearl Chrome Yellow) and although it's not my first choice, i've always kinda wanted a yellow bike/car. It is a beautiful color, plus it's the safest of all colors since you pretty much can't miss me(cars tend to miss a black bike, then promtly try to run into it). It's not a 636 but it's still plenty fast. They made a few changes between 2001 and 2002 that made this bike just incredible. It doesn't quite have the mid-range torque of the 636, but it's definetly got the top-end steam. I won't even bother to tell you how easily it pulls the front wheel up without even trying! i'm taking it easy on it though, I'll need at least a couple of months til i'm really comfortable on it.

I'll be bringing it out to the Lethally Injected club meeting this thursday over on 434 in Winter Springs if anyone wants to see it. Sorry, no rides! Only 3 people have been on it besides me and those people I trust because they have more riding time than I do and I trust them.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:07 PM

Re: Well, here's my new ride(pics!)

looks cool, congrats, i like that color too.

i rode my scooter to work today.
all the chicks want rides on it. haven't told wife yet

one girl went out, had her pic took on it.

heh heh bikes are cool...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:08 PM

Well I've had it for a week now and I love this thing to death! It can suck driving in FL sometimes because of all the jackasses that don't pay attention to bikes, but most of the time it's great. Rain doesn't bother me too much, just zip up the rain suit and I'm good. So if you guys see a bright yellow ZX-6R it's probably me, wave or something!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:34 PM

see the article in this month motorcyclist?

nice pic ur bike!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 AM

Dude what the heck? You've been talking about getting another f-body for like 3 years and you drop $5000 on a bike?!?!?

You need to get your priorities straight !

Just messing with you, looks great, don't kill yourself! Have you Zaino'd it yet !
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 AM

Zaino is coming soon, I just haven't had the time to do it yet. And the biggest reason I didn't get a car is because of insurance. Car insurance is more expensive, I can get liability/theft/medical on the bike for $600/year. Liability only on a car is going to cost me over twice that. That and a bike is just way more fun(and a whole lot faster!).

John, I haven't seen the new issue of MC yet, though I'm sure I'll pick it up soon. I need to start some subscriptions, I think I'm going to get Sport Rider and Motorcyclist.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:37 PM

Forget the Z word try some Pinnacle or natty's and it will pop...