South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Stuff for sale (car & util trailer)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:30 AM

Stuff for sale (car & util trailer)

Just in case anybody local is interested...

4X8 utility trailer. Currently being used for carrying my lawn equipment. New tires. Recent wiring and lights. Long ramp on back. High sidewalls. Very light. ___ $250 firm.

And for the next week, the 88 Camaro can be had for $1600. Then I'll put it in the autotrader for more. I need to get rid of it. It hasn't been driven in months now. I just hate trying to privately sell cars. People always wasting your time. Maybe I'll just take the insurance off and let it rot in the back yard.

Last edited by 2002Z28SSConv; 06-13-2003 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:34 AM

I have ridden in the storker its a strong car, and the suspension is kinda tight too...
Old 06-13-2003, 07:21 PM

any pi cs of the car, I am interested
Old 06-13-2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by 5thCamaro
any pi cs of the car, I am interested
You'll have to cut and paste. Sorry.
http://2002.cz28.com/images/Camaro%20Engine.jpg
http://2002.cz28.com/images/Camaro%20LF.jpg
http://2002.cz28.com/images/Camaro%20LR1.jpg
http://2002.cz28.com/images/Camaro%20RF.jpg

Of course you saw the video in my sig right?

These are old pics but the car is the same except for shinier. I wet sanded and buffed the entire car a couple months ago. I have a perfect Iroc hood for it that needs matching paint and louvers. There is also an extra TH350 transmission in the garage that the buyer is welcome to have for free. I'm not sure if the pump or the torque converter is bad. When it went out I had the TH350 that came with the car built up and swapped them out again. The front wheels are off my 67 Poncho. They stay. I have the wheels that match the rears in the garage on the Poncho. They will go.

Last edited by 2002Z28SSConv; 06-13-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:36 PM

Can you give me the facts on the motor? what is in it and who built it? headers? Looks like duals?
Old 06-13-2003, 10:25 PM

I'll send you an email when I get home from work tomorrow morning. I've sent lengthy descriptions to others and it will just be easier to forward it to you too. Otherwise I'll be sure to forget stuff.

The motor was built (as was the car) 2 owners ago. So I can't say for certain what is in it internally. The last owner did give me a sheet listing all the stuff it had when they bought it. It has mid length headers of unknown brand, true duals with no X pipe with Flowmasters under the bumper, Edelbrock carb, Torker intake, and Mallory fuel pressure regulator. It has a 4 bolt main 350 block. Aftermarket heads of some kind...

Last edited by 2002Z28SSConv; 06-13-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:56 PM

Re: Stuff for sale (car & util trailer)

Originally posted by 2002Z28SSConv
Maybe I'll just take the insurance off and let it rot in the back yard.
If you end up doing that let me know. I'm interested in buying a couple parts like the crossmember so I can convert my 3rd gen to a TH350
Old 06-13-2003, 11:02 PM

Re: Re: Stuff for sale (car & util trailer)

Originally posted by DarthIROC
If you end up doing that let me know. I'm interested in buying a couple parts like the crossmember so I can convert my 3rd gen to a TH350
It has the stock crossmember. There is an adaptor bracket between the tranny and the mount and another adaptor that connects the torque arm to the tailshaft of the tranny. Very simple.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Stuff for sale (car & util trailer)

Originally posted by 2002Z28SSConv
It has the stock crossmember. There is an adaptor bracket between the tranny and the mount and another adaptor that connects the torque arm to the tailshaft of the tranny. Very simple.
Awesome where do I buy these adaptors??? The other part I wanted was the Torque arm. So I can just buy an adaptor, and use the stock 700R4 arm? Cause I thought I wa gonna have to buy a new torque arm from spohn or something for $300+.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:16 AM
ta

Have you ran it at the track? If so what was the best. Is it a good running car, or would it not be good for a daily?
thanks
Old 06-14-2003, 02:49 AM

Hey chuck can you have a full write up of the mods, suspension, gears, I guess you covered the motor.

A guy I know at work sounded a pretty interested, and is the $1600 firm? I think its more then fair for the car but he is just flat out broke(he works with me so he is broke )

he is a huge 3rd gen guy, he currently has a cammed 305 83 Fire chicken, that from the race we had the other night is a mid ot high 14 second car, and he is jsut a th700r4, stock gears with open diffy. he has a #rd gen camaro with the motor yanked and he is prepping it for a nice small block motor, I think he already has a 350 he is looking to put into it.

he wanted a little more info on your car, before he gave it any more thoughts.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:25 AM

You have to buy a car that has the adaptors. That's what I did. Seriously though, they might even be home made with a welder. They're sturdy enough though. I'm sure somebody in the 3rd gen forum might know.

As far as the track... I've only taken it 4 times. When I first got the car it barely ran. It had problems with the fuel pump, plug wires and carb. I got it running okay and took it to OSW. It had a fuel delivery prob and would puke on itself halfway through 2nd. Bald tires didn't help. I called them my DR's not because they were drag radials but because they were dry rots. It ran mid to high 14's though. Then I replaced the fuel pump and got new tires. That time it died on the line every pass I made. Too much fuel pressure for the carb. Then I got the 3 port regulator, rerouted the fuel ines, attached them to the pump in the tank and it finally ran like a bat out of he!!. Yep that's when the tranny mount broke on my fisrt pass. Then I blew up the tranny a couple weeks later and slapped a junk yard TH350 in it. That one lasted another 3 weeks or so too. Then I had North American build the first one with everything as heavy duty as they could get and a complete shift kit. However, I was going to autocross this car. So I put a stock Vette converter in it. I still needed to get a dual plane manifold and a lower RPM cam. I got the SS, lost interest and there it sits. I did take it to the track once more but with the lower stall it almost stalls when the light turns green if you get any traction at all. Slap a TQ on it and it should be in the 13's. But as I said I've lost interest. It needs more time than feel like spending.

The email at home has all the specific details. It's too long to put here. Maybe I'll save it as an html and give a link to it. The $1600 is very firm. It's worth more. I just want to sell it yesterday and not have to fool with autotrader BS time wasters. I did that with my 95 Civic years ago.

Last edited by 2002Z28SSConv; 06-14-2003 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:26 AM

Since I've already posted most of it here's the rest.

It has brand new BFG radial TAs on the back but the fronts were just a hair too tall and rubbed the fender liners in hard turns. My plans were to autocross the car so I had to swap the BFG's off the front. Since these pics were taken I have completely wet sanded and buffed the entire car. It has been repainted before. It looks pretty close to, if not the actual, factory color. I also have a perfect IROC hood that just needs matching paint and louvers. They didn't do a very good job repainting the passenger side front fender and some of the paint is starting to loosen on the top edge. But since the new hood has to be repainted to
match the rest of the car anyway it won't be a big deal to come down the fender too.

A spare (maybe dead) TH350 tranny I pulled from a salvage yard is also included if desired. Either the torque converter or the pump went out. There are no emission control devices. Just an 'old school' 4 bolt main, 350, stroked to 383, mid length headers, true duals, into twin flowmasters mounted under the bumper. You can stand 15 feet behind the car at idle and
the exhaust will make the legs move on your pants. There are plenty of 'emissions' but none of them are environmentally friendly.

It has been bumped in the front and back long before I bought it. You can tell where there is some bondo at the back end of the rear quarter panels just before the taillights. That's all. The reflection in the driver's door is a little wavy if you look at it from the front or back. But it's nothing too obvious. I'm just extremely picky and observant of these things. The hood is a mess from where somebody welded the scoop on and did a very poor
job. The bottom of the nose has seen its share of driveways and curbs. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be some kind of support there to keep things straight but it seems kinda flimsy and floppy. And there isn't anything supporting it.

The spare tranny is in the garage and may or may not be salvagable. I had the tranny that came in the car rebuilt while I was driving on the spare with a complete shift kit and all new bullet proof internals (or as close as you can get). Then filled it with Amsoil synthetic trans fluid. It doesn't leak a drop. It shifts very hard. But it needs a higher converter or a lower RPM intake and cam. I was planning on pulling the motor and rebuilding it with a new cam and intake, mostly just to see what's in it, since other things that the car was supposed to have weren't there. i.e. - the TH400. They also said that it had a set of higher flowing heads and forged pistons. But I have never pulled it apart. So ... These people didn't know anything about cars and their mechanic was screwing them blind, swapping parts off of it onto his own car. When he did that with the carb they caught on. But they
couldn't prove it. It now has an Edelbrock 1405. I think it is the 650cfm version. A little small but I rejetted it and tweaked it a little. I'm sure more can be done there though. I have the carb kit with all of the springs and jets needed to dial it in. Since all the stroking machine work and parts are already there it wasn't gonna cost much just to do a quick refresh. I think it has a lot of miles on this rebuild anyway. It still runs good but blows a little oil. The oil pressure also drops down when it gets hot. Most
likely the pump or cam bearings I figure. It doesn't ever knock or get that bad. But I don't really trust the gauge either. It'll read as low as 20 when hot. But it has never knocked or had valve train noise of any kind. I'm used to having 40+ in my newer cars so it makes me nervous to really pound on it like that.

The interior is okay. The dash just cracked back in February '03. It has a Grant GT steering wheel and no stereo. I have one but never installed it. It was mostly just to fill the hole and give the wife something to listen too. I like hearing the 'music' from the motor. But that's me. The driver's seat is worn out in the usual place from getting in and out. The headliner has been replaced. Unfortunately they must have had their mullet pulled back too
tight that day. It's fuzzy leopard skin. The seats are red cloth. Manual windows. Power locks. Suspension is lowered and real stiff but the shocks are tired. There is no body lean at all in hard cornering.

The biggest reason I haven't sold it is that I don't want to. But I need to. It's that kind of thing, ya know? CamaroZ28 is the only place I have listed it until now. And that was just in my sig. I'm probably a little too far on the 'honest' side when I describe it too. It's definitely a toy car. I bought it to pull the drive train and put it in my 67 Pontiac LeMans/GTO clone, but wanted a TH400. Plus the Camaro has had so many modifications I felt guilty about ripping it apart and junking it.