South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

a plug for a local guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 05:02 PM

Post a plug for a local guy

Last week I was sitting in traffic and lost all fuel pressure. Turns out it was my fuel pump. I called all over and checked the internet and finally decided in the interest of getting the car back on the road fast because of my Deltona to Orlando commute I would just go to the dealer rip off parts department. Well then I thought maybe Id check the LT1 tech here. I found a performance shop called JDs performance.com. Well to make a long story short I began to order a Walbro pump. Then his website gives me a total with tax and shipping. Come to find out he is right here in Central Florida. I called him up and he met me after work at a central location and brought the pump so I did not have to go all the way to his shop. I thought this was great. He seems to be a great guy. The pump with all the adaptors to fit the 96 cost me $100 even.

So during the install I had to hack up my completely seized exhaust to get it out so the fuel tank would drop out. I got in touch with him and he is getting me a MAC catback to my door for $290 by Wednesday. That is only because I waited til 5:30pm to order it otherwise it would be here tomorrow.

So I just wanted to let some of you guys know in case you were looking for a local alternative to internet buying. His prices are great and he is a genuinely good guy. Looks like he is in pretty good with the Mustang guys, but I wont hold that against him, he has done me right so far.

here is his website. Not a lot of GM stuff up there yet, but just call him or email and he is more than happy to help..

http://jdsperformance.com/index.asp?...id=93&fcmd=cat

------------------
John Peacock

96 Z28 Silver droptop
95 LandRover Discovery FOR SALE-$9995OBO
00 Mazda 626 V6 5sp (15.1 93.2mph)No Mods